Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

6681 - 6700 of 6704 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Its just burnout from everything thats been going on. No real motivation to do anything. Thats my observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
got the 2010 st 1050 to run without a dash -
arduino nano + mcp2515 canbus adaptor + some code = canbus dash emulation -

at this stage should wokr for 2008 - 2012 bikes - that dont use the later hadnshake that came in 2013+

not as fancy or capable as tobias unit - but simpler and cheaper too. mimum is about $12 in parts + some wires.

Rayman

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Snow and icy here. Temp should resume to normal beginning of next week (10°C or more). Well in the winter we don't ride much and I just run the bike for keeping the cylinders oily and get rid of the condensation.
I spend more time on the windsurf as the confinement/containment is not back (yet). They speak about a week end containment. But no real news as of today. But we must be home by 6pm.
I keep on running 2x10kms per week. Good for the body and good for the brain.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Snow and icy here. Temp should resume to normal beginning of next week (10°C or more). Well in the winter we don't ride much and I just run the bike for keeping the cylinders oily and get rid of the condensation.
I spend more time on the windsurf as the confinement/containment is not back (yet). They speak about a week end containment. But no real news as of today. But we must be home by 6pm.
I keep on running 2x10kms per week. Good for the body and good for the brain.
Always thought windsurfing and sprints went together, now I know Im not a lone wolf.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Just received a PDM60. a set of Clearwater lights and heated grips. Will be installing all this within the next 2 weekends. The nice thing is that I got a hydraulic motorcycle lift table for my Bday in January. It is so nice to work on bikes now.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Today I took part in a mid-week 575km (360mile) ride to the Bridgetown / Nannup area. I took a day's leave from work because the ride was supposed to visit the premises of Vee-Two Australia who do (or did) manufacture racing parts for Bevel Ducatis and build replica's of famous race bikes such as the Hailwood Ducati. However the ride organiser was unable to contact the owner so we skipped that part out. In hind-sight, I think that was probably for the better since we left at 8:30 am and got home at 6:15pm, and visiting Vee-Two would probably have had us riding home through Kangaroo country at dusk (the worst time).
We had seven bikes today: Thunderbird (Leader), Sprint, Tiger, Trophy, FJR, Vulcan, GSX1400, and a 2.2L Peugeot powered Boom-Trike.
The ride included some of my favorite riding roads in WA, including Brockman Hwy between Bridgetown and Nannup and Nannup-Boyanup Road, which follows the course of the Blackwood River through its valley. We also passed through sections of Fergusson valley and Mornington road between Collie and Wokalup.
On the way home we stopped at Wellington Dam to check out the progress on the mural being painted on the dam-wall, and it looks like its nearly complete.
20210218_Nannup Run 1.jpg

1/ Mural on Wellington Dam wall.

20210218_Nannup Run 2.jpg 2/ Parked up In Nannup.
20210218_Nannup Run 3.jpg 3/ Bikes and Trike at Nannup

20210218_Nannup Run 4.jpg 4/ Group parked up at Wellington Dam

20210218_Nannup Run 5.jpg 5/ Sprint and FJR1300 (ex-police bike)

20210218_Nannup Run 6.jpg 6/ Boom Trike

20210218_Nannup Run 7.jpg 7/ Painters (on platform at far-right) working on Mural.

Cheers, Keef.

·
Registered
'05 Sprint ST
175 Posts
Nothing, I had planned to get at the alarm plug and put some silicone grease in there to stop it going nuts when I wash the bike but my 3mm allen key has vanished off the face of the planet. I did get to clear out and properly organise my toolbox while looking for it though.

Next job, Front discs and pads, I have had Triumph's before and have the right allen bit... Nope, the Daytona 650 and STR 675 need a 17mm, the Sprint is 19mm.

Bits are ordered and will be ready for my next day off.

·
Super Moderator
3,183 Posts
Its just burnout from everything thats been going on. No real motivation to do anything. Thats my observation.
I think that sums it up fairly well. I feel like I've been in an abusive relationship this past year (COVID, my dad died, I've gotten fatter, etc), and I haven't been on here NEARLY as much as I'd like lately, because... life.

I haven't ridden any of my bikes since just before Thanksgiving, which, as my 'boss' will attest, makes me a very cranky mate. Ok no that's not right. I did ride my ZZR around the block in early December. A combination of crappy weather here, and the fact that I have been out of town 80% of the days since Thanksgiving, either on vacation in FL, or in ID doing things to my dad's house to sell it, has really put a damper on my riding. I was in Idaho, and my local riding buddies are texting me "dude, it's 60 degrees tomorrow! Call in sick!" I'd have to answer, "I'm in Idaho, dang it!"

What I have been doing, now that I am finally back (I put 9,000 miles on my 'new-to-me' Lexus in the past 10 wks) home, I've reorganized my garage and sold two bikes, neither of which were a Sprint. I am determined to park MY car in the garage. Mrs MHS gets to park her car inside, along with my five girlfriends. But, Black Betty (zer Lexus) will get a parking spot in there. As far as the bikes, I've been swapping tender sharing plugs on all five bikes, and warming them up every week. Not Sprint-related, I also learned how to rebuild the four carbs on my ZRX1200R. I feel like a NASA rocket scientist now...

Here's to a better 2021, more miles under our tires, and memorable adventures.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad.

Pennsyltucky is colder than a witch's tit in a brass brassiere which is only fitting as that's The Commonwealth's official motto. The tourism dept is working up a new commercial, it shows an elderly Amish woman who is standing in a snow bank with a corn field behind her. She's wearing a burlap mini skirt, LL Bean duck boots and is sporting a brass brassiere with icicles hanging off the front like pasties.
Who WOULDN'T want to vacation here after seeing that?

It's supposed to warm up a little next week so maybe I'll get motivated and put on those lower footpegs on Sir Costalot and see if my knees bump the fairing. Hope not.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
It's supposed to warm up a little next week so maybe I'll get motivated and put on those lower footpegs on Sir Costalot and see if my knees bump the fairing. Hope not.
[/QUOTE]

I had put lower footpegs on my Sprint GT, and found they really helped. I recently replaced them with the stock items, and realized how uncomfortable that was... I'm looking to trade in my GT for a Trophy SE, if I can find the right deal.
I love my Sprint, but the hips/legs are just not happy with the riding position.

';-)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Today I bought a new Michelin Road 5 for the front wheel. The old one lasted 16780km and the edges were worn more than the middle. This is the fourth Road 5 (front) that I've bought and the previous three have all lasted around the same distance (16.8 to 17000Km). There was no discernable scalloping like I have seen with earlier Pilot Road series.

While I was at the dealers I talked them into letting me weigh the new tyres that fit the Sprints, so for those that are wondering, here goes:
Front:
Bridgestone BattleAx BT023 - 4.1Kg
Bridgestone BattleAx BT31 - 4.2Kg
Bridgestone BattleAx S22 - 4.2Kg
Michelin Road 5 - 4.2Kg
Pirrelli Rosso Corsa II - 4.3Kg
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II - 4.4Kg
Pirelli Angel GT II - 4.4Kg

Rears:
Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa - 5.8Kg (short life high grip racing tyre)
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II - 6.0 Kg
Michelin Road 5 - 6.0 Kg
Bridgestone BattleAx BT023 - 6.2Kg
Bridgestone BattleAx S22 - 6.4Kg
Bridgestone BattleAx BT31 - 6.8Kg
Pirelli Angel GT II - 6.9Kg

There are other tyres that fit the Sprints, but these are the ones that were at the shop while I was there. All the readings taken above were taken in the same session, on the same scales. The scales were standard bathroom scales with discrimination limited to 0.1Kg. The scales might be a little out but the errors will be consistent across the entire sample.

cheers, keef.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The garage got warm enough to do some maintenance today, above freezing. Today's task was to clean all calipers and replace pads. The fronts went quickly and were still not bad after 26k miles, still legal, but I had new pads (EBC HH) so in they went. The rear was a different story. Getting access is a PITA and one of the retaining pins had frozen into place. Nothing would make it com loose, so off to Ebay to buy a used one. New one from an online dealer was almost $800US. The pads did need to be replaced after 45k miles.
Aside from repairing a damaged front wheel, this is the first real repair I have needed on the Sprint GT. Everything else has been routine or things that normally wear out, like tires.

·
Super Moderator
3,183 Posts
Working on fixing a small crack in my RH fairing of my Silver Sprint. Seems like a bit of a stress crack. 'Welding' the plastic isn't difficult, but I'm not great at paint repair, and the factory paint chipped a bit. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: cheefkeef

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Finished shovelling the driveway so now the ice will have a chance to melt away.
Only Sprint related as I now have a clear path to them.
Good news is I got a vaccine notification and will be getting an appointment soon SO here's hoping for a really good riding season.

6681 - 6700 of 6704 Posts