Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

6561 - 6576 of 6576 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Today, a couple of Triumph riding mates, plus KG and I, went for what is probably our last ever Sizzlers breakfast.
The company recently announced that they are closing down their operations, including their 9 Australian restaurants (5 in Qld, 1 in NSW and 3 in WA). When we heard the news about a week ago, we decided that we should make sure we got one last visit in.
20201011_Sizzlers Front.jpg

20201011_Sizzlers Parked.jpg Trophy 900, Sprint GT, Sprint ST and Monster 796 parked up.

The place was packed, it seems that lots of people also have the same idea. In the pics above the car-park has empty spaces, but we were almost the last of the 'breakfasters' to leave and there is a little lull before the lunch session starts.
After breakfast we rode south to Nettleton Road and then followed the foothills roads through the timber-towns and reservoirs to Dwellingup, where we stopped for another coffee and a chat and caught up with some more of our riding friends.

cheers, keef.

·
Registered
257 Posts
(y)(y)(y)Went for a ride to the beach then installed my new Eagle standard screen ( think I love it much less turbulent air ) also really like what this guy has done with his GT!.

·
Registered
622 Posts

Kinda like the '8-Ball' limited edition GT's There was a Blue/Silver version too). I think your purple machine would look good with the same areas done in white.

cheers, Keef.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeh I've always liked that but never been able to pick a color to go with mine.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That GT is pretty nice. Is that an official Triumph limited edition? If so, we never got those in the UK

I finally got round to finishing up the brake fluid change. Had done the front a week or so back and the fluid was pretty dark. Rear wasn't so bad but I think I may have missed a change two years ago.

TuneECU made the ABS bleed easy.

Next jobs are the rear linkage and fork services. It's never ending ...

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Took Sir Costalot out for a spin after work. I'm so glad I replaced/upgraded that starter relay as it's so nice to know that when you hit the button it's actually going to work like it should.
Wonderful bike, it just needs a little more leg room so that's coming up soon.
Still haven't taken it out at night, that one corner where the road just vanished really spooked me.

·
Registered
622 Posts
That GT is pretty nice. Is that an official Triumph limited edition? If so, we never got those in the UK
As far as I can tell, it was a Triumph - UK limited edition, with only 25 of each colour combination released (50 total).
I just found a video of one for sale:
Triumph Sprint GT 1050 ABS For Sale At Hastings Motorcycle Centre
Registered June 2014 on a '14 plate with 18026 miles and presented in the limited edition Phantom Black / Bullion Gold in collaboration with prolific motorcycle painters 8 Ball. This is no 23 of just 25!! The GT benefits from full service history, genuine Triumph 3 box colour coded luggage ......

cheers, Keef

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Took Sir Costalot out for a spin after work. I'm so glad I replaced/upgraded that starter relay as it's so nice to know that when you hit the button it's actually going to work like it should.
Wonderful bike, it just needs a little more leg room so that's coming up soon.
Still haven't taken it out at night, that one corner where the road just vanished really spooked me.
Disappearing corners ... got me to install LED headlights. I fear they annoy oncoming traffic (some adjustment may be needed) but I got spooked riding the Taconic Parkway here in NY shortly after buying the bike. The experience discouraged me from night riding, at least on poorly lit roads. These LEDs make a bid difference.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Which LEDS did you use? The 955s lights are great compared to the 1050 ST. The very first corner the road just disappeared, I couldn't tell if I was headed towards a tree or what was going on. Once was more than enough!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Went for a 200km blurt to catch up with a few other sprinters in a town called Waroona over here, sometimes I think I only ride this bike so I can have the pleasure of cleaning it afterwards( I do love the lines )!!
as per the disappearing corners at night I always thought it was insanity to have two low beams that far apart, far better to have a big MF center light with two high beams each side!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Which LEDS did you use? The 955s lights are great compared to the 1050 ST. The very first corner the road just disappeared, I couldn't tell if I was headed towards a tree or what was going on. Once was more than enough!
Sorry Steve, I tried finding a record of the purchase but it's gone. I'm guessing I bought 'em on Amazon (rare for me).

Yeah, there's nothing like entering a dark corner at high speed and not being able to see the turn. It seems manufacturers are often more concerned with the aesthetics of the lights & fairing than the quality of the light coverage.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Rode down to Cape May, NJ, for friend's birthday gathering. Saw some birds while I was at it:

The lighthouse was cool, too.

Reactions: Steve Ford

·
Registered
26 Posts
Today fitted new Throttle body, new camcover gasket, new air box Temp sensor and coolant temp sensor and 18T sprocket, Helped a bunch to smoothen her out.

·
3,140 Posts
Shedding tears because I am halfway thinking of selling one!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6561 - 6576 of 6576 Posts