Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

6481 - 6500 of 6507 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Hello, how can you find out whether the hub eccentric is in the wrong position?
Loosen the eccentric and eyeball it. You'll see it when you rotate the eccentric. If you have ABS, the eccentric cannot be rotated to the wrong position (unless you remove the caliper bracket as in my pic).

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Chickenstrip,
Delaware is pretty darned flat so the beaches are the attraction.
I haven't done beans to the Sprints other than ride them a little bit. This is my year to hunker down and buy and play guitars.
Two of the Sprints will need tires next season so it looks like Michelin will be getting more of my money sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Chickenstrip,
Delaware is pretty darned flat so the beaches are the attraction.
Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case. :coffee:

I was perusing the map (Google) and saw the bridge connecting the peninsula with mainland, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and thought would be cool to see. On the other hand it looks like a magnified version of the new Cuomo Bridge - I sporadically watched the construction of it during my city getaway rides.

:coffee: (second cup!) I looked up the history of the Tappan Zee Bridge, predecessor to the Cuomo Bridge, turns out it was named after the American Indian tribe, Tappan, and the Dutch word for sea, zee. :geek: :D

Reactions: boardheadbri

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
It can be a little gusty on the Tappan Zee. I used to go to Marcus Dairy every Sunday and one day I wasn't sure I'd make it across on the old Guzzi Le Mans.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It can be a little gusty on the Tappan Zee. I used to go to Marcus Dairy every Sunday and one day I wasn't sure I'd make it across on the old Guzzi Le Mans.
Marcus Dairy ... news to me. Long gone, looks like.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yesterday I went for a short ride in the morning with a friend and his partner to Dwellingup and south through the Nanga/Nanga Brook roads to Waroona and then headed back North again, in time to help another friend replace the OEM AFAM 45tooth rear sprocket on his Tiger Sport with a Supersprox 43 tooth sprocket (TR2-43). He wanted to increase the gearing a bit to get the revs down at highway speeds. Were planning on replacing his front 18tooth with a 19 on his next visit.

Today I joined in on a group ride down to Brunswick Junction. The rest of the group continued on to Collie but I returned home since KG (Mrs Keef) stayed home after we realised her headlight had blown when we started the bikes up. It takes about an hour to replace the headlight bulb on that bike since the whole instrument cluster has to be taken off to get at the bulb. So like a true gentleman I left her to it and went without her lol. Usually I woulda helped out, but we were on the verge of being late, and she didn't really feel up to riding today anyhow, so she shooed me away.
I got home in time for a latish lunch and all is well.

Keef.

·
Registered
176 Posts
finally got around to fitting the tiger radiator to the 2000 955i sprint - and relocating the thermostat -
still needs a bit of work - but sticks out less than the proverbial now ...

some quick snaps to show -
firstly with the original rad and thermostat location
then the tw showing narrower front and the side
need to get an appropriate hose to route the bypass circuit on the inside to make it tidier but was working with the existing hoses at this point to see how it went.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yesterday I did one of my neighborhood exploratory rides - the only goal is to learn more about NYC. There are no fun twisties, in fact it's mostly low-speed, trafficated, putt-putting, but the payoff is you discover parts of this complex city I never knew existed.

This time I went through Midwood. Midwood has working class, old-school, yellow brick row houses just blocks away from single-family multi-story homes with tidy landscaping to boot. The contrast is mind boggling.

I'm planning to do some green washing and twisty rejuvenation up in the Adirondacks in the coming week. I need it: my birthday's coming up and it's a big one, as I'll be riding into my 6h decade on this planet. I'm as surprised as anyone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Finally got round to installing a USB charger plug. Took a while to get it working only when the ignition is on, but eventually I succeeded.
Now I have to find the GPS mount that I bought for the bike last winter.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I received some more titanium bits in the mail today: Sprocket bolts, RHS axle nut + clip and banjo bolts for the front and rear calipers. The Sprocket bolts and axle nut are the final components in my "Rotating Mass Reduction" project.
The banjo bolts are the first components of my follow-on "Unsprung Mass Reduction" project.
These all came from COMPENG in England, the only place I have found that carries the sprocket bolts, nut and clip.

20200805_Compeng Titanium.jpg

My scales give the following weights:
Component / Steel / Ti
Axle nut/clip / 71g / 40g
Spocket bolt x6 / 114g / 62g
Banjo (double) / ??g / 8g
Banjo (single) / ??g / 8g

The total weight reduction of the rear rotating components equals 1470g (3.25lb) less than what was on there when I started. I could have saved another 160g for a total reduction of 1632g (3.6lb) by fitting a 42 tooth sprocket instead of the 43, but the 43 has other benefits which more than offset the weight difference.

Cheers, Keef.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Warrensburg, NY

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I found out that I could survive 25 miles of gravel and sand - not by choice. Adirondacks, NY

Reactions: cheefkeef

·
Registered
2 Posts
Checked valve clearances (12k interval that I've let slip to 15k) - all still absolutely spot on. What a waste of expensive cam-cover seals!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Camping in the Adirondacks, Meacham Lake.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Checked valve clearances (12k interval that I've let slip to 15k) - all still absolutely spot on. What a waste of expensive cam-cover seals!
I've done my valve clearances 3 times now and always reused the seals. So far, no leaks but they did seem to be harder this last time so I'll probably change them at the 48k check

6481 - 6500 of 6507 Posts