Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

6341 - 6360 of 6405 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks Kap and Fred. Your hints should make this job easier for everyone that needs to do it . I like the idea of using the soap as an indicator that the temp is right, sounds like a method we all can use. (y)

Cheers, Keef.

·
3,073 Posts
I have always liked the soap trick. My dad taught me that when we'd work on stuff together, usually after I crashed something.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Thought about washing them and then got distracted by a squirrel.
Maybe tomorrow?
Did wash the bugs off of my face shield but forgot to get the bird droppings off of the left hand mirror on the Tiger.
Also noticed that the Tiger's chain hasn't adjusted itself since last time, too.
A man can only do so much.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Did nothing to the bike since it didn't move for so long and will stay still for at least an other month.
Reflecting on an electronic protection schematic against RR overvoltage.

·
3,073 Posts
Also noticed that the Tiger's chain hasn't adjusted itself since last time, too.
A man can only do so much.
I thought you had it trained better then that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Thanks fredsprint. You learn something every day.
Cheers,
Kap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Też nic nie zrobiłem po pierwsze są ograniczenia w poruszaniu się ale to nie problem najgorsze jest to że nie mogę poradzić sobie z wolnym kołem rozrusznika które się wytarło i nie ma możliwości rozruchu silnika:płakać:

·
Registered
973 Posts
I looked at it rainy-wet cover and resorted to re-editing a photo of it. Black and white does this bike good!

·
Registered
16 Posts
[QUOTE = "kurczakstrip, post: 2004067570, członek: 236642"]
Spojrzałem na to deszczowo-mokre pokrycie i postanowiłem ponownie edytować jego zdjęcie. Czarno-biały robi ten rower dobrze!

View attachment 722725
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]

·
Registered
333 Posts
Finished the rear hub service today. Disappointed to find hammer marks on it from the local dealer who would be the last to service it. I will need to replace the seal on the outside of the needle bearing as they've deformed it.

Caliper carrier was a nightmare to take off. Is that normal? Will explain the hammer marks ... Putting it back on was simple as I heated it on boiling water first.

Ran out of time so will get the brake pads done and everything back together tomorrow

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Finished the rear hub service today. Disappointed to find hammer marks on it from the local dealer who would be the last to service it. I will need to replace the seal on the outside of the needle bearing as they've deformed it.

Caliper carrier was a nightmare to take off. Is that normal? Will explain the hammer marks ... Putting it back on was simple as I heated it on boiling water first.

Ran out of time so will get the brake pads done and everything back together tomorrow
Provided you got a good pair of extraction pliers removing the circlip (I guess that was the problem) shouldn't have been a problem. A big one is required.

Hammer??? We would assume that pros have a press.
BTW they may have used a hammer if the hub was seized. But one NEVER used metal on metal stricks. Always a piece of hard wood in between.

·
Registered
333 Posts
HI Fred

Got the circlip off no problem but the caliper hanger was then a nightmare to remove. I'd assumed it would be a snug fit but would come off easily if pulled straight but it took a lot of coaxing with a block of wood and hammer. Putting it back on was so simple once I'd heated it in hot water.

The local Triumph dealer would have been the last to have this apart and they'd used a hammer to get the hub out of the swingarm. Absolutely agree that they should have been protecting the hub with wood or should have used a heavy rubber mallet. It may have been seized but I've never had an issue with the chain adjustment being stuck so I think they were perhaps a bit lazy. I've seen plenty of poor quality work from car and bike dealers which is why I'm happier doing the work myself if I have the tools and time

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Changed the coolant on my RS yesterday. Looking at my maintenance records its been 4 years since i last changed it. Came out a brown rusty mess again. I filled it 6 times with distilled water and drained. Running up to temp each time until thermostat opened. Last drain it was finally clear. Gonna make sure to do this annually from here on. Just using basic Prestone green 50/50.

·
3,073 Posts
Long overdue fork and brake service. Someone wants to ride her Sprint

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Installed an original Triumph heated grip set that I picked up on fleaBay brand new still in the box forAU$80.

30 minutes to install, how good is that?
I’ve installed a couple of Oxford kits before, but it’s sure worth the extra money for the Trumpy ones even at full retail for how easy it was.

6341 - 6360 of 6405 Posts