Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3161 - 3180 of 3233 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I used TuneECU and BT OBDII interface, engine runs smoothly now - i didn't even have to remove the tank, just lifted it more out of the front to get better access and remove airbox. Obviously, there is a slight debalance from time to time...it's still ~$30 (for tools/soft that I bought) rather than $100 at triumph authorised dealer.
Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
@2400 miles I decided to dump my OEM tires and install a set of Michelin Road 5's. AND.......while I was at it I also changed the 44T rear sprocket for a 47T!!! I must say, without hesitation, that Speedy loves both changes very much indeed!!!

I live in Flat-Florida so I have not tested the tires in a proper manner but nevertheless, the ride is so much smoother now and my repeated visits to the highway interchange cloverleafs in my area have validated that the bike turns in well and hold the line perfectly. The RS is going to visit the North Carolina Mountains soon!! Now, as for the 47T rear sprocket......Hello!!!! The bike was very quick before the change but NOW it gets to where it truly loves to be even quicker. I pegged the Rev Limiter a few times at first because it get there so quick now but once I got used to it I think the gearing is absolutely perfect!!!! 2 thumbs up from MF'r Eurocycles Inc......

IMG_8668 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_8669 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_8672 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_8671 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_8670 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_8673 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let me know how you like the Road 5's... My wife ran a set on her Street RS out to New Mexico and back and liked them on the interstate, but she hates them in the twisties... She prefers the stock super corsa SP's...

I put a set of Diablo Rosso IIIs on my Panigale and like them so far. I can't find many sport touring tires in 180/60 rear, so the Rosso III was the closest I could find to a good sport tire that should get more than 2,000 miles out of a rear...
So far so good with the Road 5s. Of course, new rubber almost always feels better than the old tires, but with a thousand or so miles, I can say they are the equal of the Power Pilot 3s (85:15 tire, IIRC) in the dry, and totally confidence-inspiring in the wet.I think they have a stiffer side wall, and initially they felt so firm I thought the installers had put too much pressure in them ,but no, they were right at my preferred 38/34 psi.

·
Registered
99 Posts
11000 MILES?!?!? WOW!!! Did they still have pretty good grip?
No., they were rocks. The rear was stepping out all the time cornering in the dry, and locking up on damp pavement. The front was hydroplaning through puddles. I put the high mileage down to the fact that probably this was 90% commuting miles. My afternoon/evening commute takes on average close to an hour for 16 miles, so do the math :smile2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Changed the oil and filter. I love the Speedy just for the easy oil changes :)

Removed the O2 sensor (which was already disabled).

The bike was running okay but had a weird flat spot / surge between 3500 - 4000 rpm
So I went looking for a new map to try and fired up TuneECU 2.5.8 on my PC. I could see the 20489 map was smoother when doing an F6 compare between it and the 20465 map.
I then loaded the map "20489Map.hex - Speed Triple 1050 (For VIN # 461332 to VIN # 537880) non ABS, Arrow slip-on Fuel up to E25 Minimum 95 RON fuel - Australia, NZ and SA".
Reset adaption and the bike is running much smoother now. Much better than the "20465Map.hex" map :)

Note: The bike came with the "20465Map.hex" on it (albeit heavily edited). It was running like crap so I loaded the original unedited "20465Map.hex" map a while ago but it never seemed quite right.
All seems okay so far....

Also found the side stand switch was loose while removing the O2 sensor cable.
What a crap design that is !. M6 x 12mm T30 Torx screws done up from the inside of the frame ?.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Plastidipped the RS from white to red. Loving the way the red complements the black I might make it permanent.

First time using plastidip. Had to start over a few times with a few of the pieces. But it was well worth it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Plastidipped the RS from white to red. Loving the way the red complements the black I might make it permanent.

First time using plastidip. Had to start over a few times with a few of the pieces. But it was well worth it.

That red is awesome Henni!!:welldone

·
Registered
84 Posts

Looks great.. Red is Fasssster after all !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finished a “battleworn” paint job. Also removed the worthless orange and carbon fiber frame sliders that I replaced with the woodcraft sliders, but don’t have pics of them off yet. A shorter front brake line is the next item on the agenda.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
The front tyre on my S3 needed replacing so I took the opportunity to remove the wheels last week and get them powder coated gloss black (the stained matt black looked ugly).
I couldn't get rid of the stains not matter what I tried. Also found one of the front bearing has a bit of rust in the bearing seat. Caused by water getting in there.
Picking up the wheels today from the powder coaters and getting a Pilot 5 tyre and new bearing fitted tomorrow.

As I have it off the road I also removed the exhaust header and took it to get ceramic coated. No more brown rust to see :)
This is supposed to be ready tomorrow as well so hoping I can get it back on with new exhaust gaskets by the weekend !.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The front tyre on my S3 needed replacing so I took the opportunity to remove the wheels last week and get them powder coated gloss black (the stained matt black looked ugly).

I couldn't get rid of the stains not matter what I tried. Also found one of the front bearing has a bit of rust in the bearing seat. Caused by water getting in there.

Picking up the wheels today from the powder coaters and getting a Pilot 5 tyre and new bearing fitted tomorrow.

As I have it off the road I also removed the exhaust header and took it to get ceramic coated. No more brown rust to see :)

This is supposed to be ready tomorrow as well so hoping I can get it back on with new exhaust gaskets by the weekend !.
I just put the Pilot Road 5 on the back and I already like it. The front is a Q3 with lots of life left. The plan was to put the Road 5 up front when the Q3 is worn. I'm not going to wait and will be putting the 5 upfront this weekend. :)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah I've been a fan of the Pilot Road 2/3/4s for ages (now just Pilot 5's) since # 2 came out. I've ridden 20K on PR4's on my Blackbird and 16K on my Superduke 990.
I had the 5's on my SV650 for a while but sold that for the S3 (that came with PR4's). I wanted to do the rear as well but it has a fair bit of meat left on it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got my wheels back, they looky nice :)
Had new bearing fitted and new Pilot 5 front tyre
Refitted the PR4 to the rear.

Also picked up the exhaust too. So much better than rusty brown.

Will fit them over the weekend (might be too hot in the shed after work today. The car was showing 40c in Brisbane CBD today).

Attachments

3161 - 3180 of 3233 Posts