Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

2041 - 2053 of 2053 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

Got a steal on a new flyscreen kit from a Triumph dealer for $75 and between the dremel and drill it fits on the 955i...glad to feel how the wind changes on the highway and makes riding fast much more comfortable. I doubt there's much interest, but it was barely 10 minutes of modification to mount up to the stock gauge bracket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this an N-Daytona? And have you got other pictures as well?
It is a 2nd gen Daytona. I'll be taking it out tomorrow for a good ride and pics, but here's two others. I ordered a 1050 Speedy bellypan from some company on eBay but they've been terrible, but that should complete the look.

Planning to swap the radiator for a smaller Speedy one since this one is bent, swap out the sliders, and try and find some radiator guards. Over the winter I'll paint it back to the OEM British Racing Green and add some small touches. It's tough to find parts for these bikes!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Depends on the parts you are looking for. Technical stuff and OEM parts could be found at UK bike breakers for reasonable prices. And bodywork can be had in Italy - new carbon or fibreglass parts where a pair is less than 1 piece from Triumph. Not as frequent as parts for japanese bikes, but they can be found.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depends on the parts you are looking for. Technical stuff and OEM parts could be found at UK bike breakers for reasonable prices. And bodywork can be had in Italy - new carbon or fibreglass parts where a pair is less than 1 piece from Triumph. Not as frequent as parts for japanese bikes, but they can be found.
I'm in the US, I take advantage of a few bike breaker websites but there's only a few times a year one gets a 955i in.

The Italian bodywork site charges about $180 in shipping :ROFLMAO: I looked there first, but ultimately decided naked was the way I wanted to go because nearly everything from 1997-2010 fits this frame and parts sourcing is easier that way.

With the shipping and customs issues I've had since the pandemic started, I'll be trying to stick to domestic shippers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Changed front sprocket from 19T to 18T on my DSSA Daytona. Been meaning to do it since i had a track day at Brands Hatch and the Long deep gears of the Daytona didn't suit the point and squirt 'indy' circuit..
Very different feel on the bike now. Races to the top of every gear much quicker, feels faster, more purposeful and somehow makes the bike feel lighter.
It's a well known modification I know and for what it's worth I recommend.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I think the SSSA bikes have an 18T. I changed mine to a 17T for Broadford Park & Phillip Is. last year and the bike was definitely better. It was an improvement on the road also. I still wasn't getting to redline in 6th down Gardner straight at speedo indicated 270.
I think when its time for new chain & sprockets I'll back to 18T front & 45T rear.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
My stock '98 runs the 18T. My bike came with 17/45. I changed back to the 18/45 combo for street riding. The 17 can rub too much on the chain swingarm rubber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes the gearing is different on SSSA and DSSA. I've always enjoyed the long deep torquey feel of my original 19/44 set up. Each gear would feel almost endless as as the bike pulled evenly toward the red line. It's just that at a short circuit alongside Gixxers and R1s that gearing was far too long and it really noticed. I know my bike is not in the same league as those race type bikes and i don't expect it to be. My dropping the front sprocket 1 tooth just gives me a bit more immediacy and punch out of corners. Only a bit but it feels great.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
First chance for a decent blast on Trinity after fitting the new front end and wheels; near Wilson's Prom in Victoria. Very pleased with how she feels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice looking bike Dave. What have you done to front end ? I notice the discs and brake caliper looks different.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took a nice ride all the way to Karelia region in the border of Russia. About 800km mostly twisties, perfect weather and my bike worked flawlessly. Couldn't be happier. Also it was test for new geometry as it's dramatically different from last season due the new rear subframe and cafe racer seat. Much easier to legs and seat is also better for longer rides.

2041 - 2053 of 2053 Posts