Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2080 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
After no success last weekend, I finally got the bottom steering head race in (All Balls tapered rollers). 4 days in the freezer, heated the steering head with a paint stripper, and hammered it in with my new Motion Pro bearing driver. Mate! Now for the wounds to heal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
After changing out six valve shims I went on to much more technical stuff.......two blown dash bulbs! Although I rarely get out at night the last time I did it really bugged me that two of them were blown, they had to be done, balance of the universe is restored.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Still on lockdown here in Ireland and have not had the chance to use my Daytona since I fitted a new airbox and did the valve clearances, coils, plugs and a few other bits and bobs. I also fitted some LSL Superbike bars to make this a more bearable bike for an all day ride. Well today saw its first outing for my work commute and I'm blown away by how much this bike has changed.

• LSL bars, I was thinking of trying the Trophy footpegs and levers too but needn't bother now, the seating stance is so much better and it makes the relatively high and rear set pegs & controls much more likeable, they can stay as they are now. Less pressure on the hips, wrists and neck, they are a keeper.
  • The engine, you would swear I had done much more to it. I liked it a lot before, very smooth, no hesitation at any revs, plenty of power but now it is quite a different animal. The engine seems much freer, less constrained, smoother again if that's possibe and much more punch in the low and mid range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On a roll I went and replaced my 11 year old tyres, some Bridgestone Battlax BT-021's for the venerable BT-023's. Not cutting edge tyres I know but very well matched tyres to the D12 I think. The tyre dealer has mountains of them and they are still a very big seller in Ireland. We are still in lockdown here so no "leisure" rides alowed yet unfortunately.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fired my t595 up first time with new to her 03 955i engine. Bang, straight to idling like a swiss clock, good throttle response too. Bleeded cooling system (fixed 3 leaks also), and let her idle to 95C, then spotted 2 oil leaks, drain plug and oil cooler return line flange (made by me 🤬). Fixed those also. Then I just did some eyeballing with my new custom caferacer seat on the frame, fits quite good, I think

·
Registered
108 Posts
The aluminium is not to my taste but that seat looks very well, quality look and a great fit. Great project.

·
Registered
54 Posts

1. The aluminium is not to my taste but that seat looks very well, quality look and a great fit. Great project.
    Aluminium parts are going to be anodized to golden colour, and rear subframe propably chemically nickeled so it's gonna look allmost like chromed. Too much bling for my normal taste but I'm going to take that route this time. And hey, we all have that matt black spray for emergency backup right? 😂

·
Registered
108 Posts

1. Aluminium parts are going to be anodized to golden colour, and rear subframe propably chemically nickeled so it's gonna look allmost like chromed. Too much bling for my normal taste but I'm going to take that route this time. And hey, we all have that matt black spray for emergency backup right? 😂
Would you believe I was going to add "if the tank colour blended in...". Yes, used some of that spray on my rear footpeg hangers last week, hanging from a tree in my back garden.:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Made a remap finally for a tune including a TOR exhaust. A friend offered his help if something would go wrong, so I felt confident at that point to make a try.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
108 Posts
Decided to drop the forks and get them sent off for a refurb, stiction is brutal, I can get these to sit 40mm different on a pull up or push down when on the bike.

·
Registered
49 Posts
New brake fluid, while considering how to open the numerous ruined screws on a mate´s DR 650 from ´99 - if the dualsport had cooperated like my Daytona NJ I´d been in bed a lot earlier!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I scored a new pitbull stand with pins for a song. Picked up a universal front so now the bike levitates awaiting tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021 - 2040 of 2080 Posts