Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2080 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havn't seen this come around in forever so:

Washed it, toothbrush style, shes cleaner than ever :)

Then I got motivated and put on my new sprockets going from 19/44 to 18/46....

OMG I AM IN LOVE AGAIN! It lifted the front end in 3rd gear :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Uhh, not what you probably expected to read, but I put the disk lock on and went out of town to shoot guns with my son.

Brad

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
CRAP !..........found a staple in my rear tire!.Now riding the TT600 for a bit while Mr Pirelli sends me two new "Angels" for my Daytona . Hope they work as well as they are supposed from all the reviews I've read.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Put the plate, indicators and rear taillight back on. Hooked the headlights up and peeled the tape off. Reinstalled the mirrors.

Put her back into street mode.

·
Registered
657 Posts
rupert are you thinking of getting a fender elim kit? I don't know why triumph uses that giant thing for the license plate holder
They use it to keep the rooster tail off my back.
And I have cleaned her up a bit, Ed

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I changed the plugs in the D12 on Saturday, now I can smell gas. The hoses on the gas tank didn't have any clamps on them so I should probably put some on. The new plugs made a big difference in how the bikes working though.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I changed the plugs in the D12 on Saturday, now I can smell gas. The hoses on the gas tank didn't have any clamps on them so I should probably put some on. The new plugs made a big difference in how the bikes working though.
No clamps wow! surprised they haven't leaked before. I think I wuld put some on myself. Just a thought , Ed

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I think I need to look at my fuel tap also, when I took the tank off, the fuel wouldn't stop leaking out of it in the off position.I sure don't like getting gas all over everything:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
I think I need to look at my fuel tap also, when I took the tank off, the fuel wouldn't stop leaking out of it in the off position.I sure don't like getting gas all over everything:mad:
I thought I had some of the little spring clamps for your fuel lines around here to send you, but it looks like they've fallen into the black hole in the garage. You might want to pick up new fuel line hose also as the old ones maybe hardening.

Sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back when working on older, well anything. ;)

Brad

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Brad... good idea about changeing the fuel lines. Should the fuel tap stop leaking when it's shut off, when I remove the fuel tank. If so, might there be something stuck in it, or do they need to be rebuilt from time to time:confused:
Chris

·
Registered
250 Posts
I did a 1 month-ish checkup on the R/R upgrade, all is good,, tried to find my front tires slow leak, no luck. Carbon fibered my windscreen, shaved the badges off the fuel tank, buffed, then carbon fibered the top of tank and started designing my tank pads. One of these days ill figure out my lowbeam HID issue. Topped off oil, took for a 10 min ride and put her to bed :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
Brad... good idea about changeing the fuel lines. Should the fuel tap stop leaking when it's shut off, when I remove the fuel tank. If so, might there be something stuck in it, or do they need to be rebuilt from time to time:confused:
Chris
what are the settings on the tap? on, res, prim? or does it have off? if it has no off it's a vacuum operated tap and could be the diaphragm has failed.

1 - 20 of 2080 Posts