Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

4361 - 4380 of 4426 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bonneville T120
26 Posts
I did not like Viking bags. Their look did not work for me, so I've used waxed canvas messenger bag and with few nuts, bolts, brackets, grommets and plexiglass sheet I've attached it to Motone rail. The second bag is on order from Amazon and it will be installed on the other side. Now this is more like what I was going for. Bike is just about ready, It's time to ride. View attachment 750330
Nice look! I've also got the Motone rails and am using Viking saddlebags but have never been 100% happy with the look. Care to share the Amazon link for the bags you've found?

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler 1200 XC
338 Posts

I’m currently using the SW Motech Legends bag on the left side, and the Viking bags SW M knock off tail bag. To be honest, for the price, I prefer the Viking bag. I don’t find the SW M’s quality to be anything to write home about, at least for what they cost.

That being said, they ARE slightly higher quality than the Viking stuff. This is most apparent in the hooks and straps. But, nothing that justifies a few hundred dollars difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 T120
12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
135 Posts

I’m currently using the SW Motech Legends bag on the left side, and the Viking bags SW M knock off tail bag. To be honest, for the price, I prefer the Legend bag. I don’t find the SW M’s quality to be anything to write home about, at least for what they cost.

That being said, they ARE slightly higher quality than the Viking stuff. This is most apparent in the hooks and straps. But, nothing that justifies a few hundred dollars difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for the informative comments on the bags... your bike looks great!

·
Registered
2020 t120
312 Posts
It was very nice out today, so I took the t120 for a spin. Rode over to Hermy's to see if they had any bar end mirrors. They didnt have any for mine, but they did have 4 sets for a Rocket 3.
I thought, what's up with that.
The parts guy looked into it for me. To my surprise, he said there isnt any available.
I'll have to decide which aftermarket ones I'll want to get. Or just wait some more.
At least it was a good excuse to get out for a while. Now it's back to our regular programming, lol.

·
Registered
2017 Bonneville T120 Black
383 Posts
Had a 200 mile round trip to pick up a pair of E21 panniers.

I have a pair of E45s. Tried them out last week for the first time but they make the bike rather wide.

Got a pair of E21s at a very reasonable price (probably because they were collection only) and went up to Manchester to pick them up, returning home via the Cat & Fiddle.

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
630 Posts
Getting ready to do a oil change right now, just drove it around the hood its 74° at 9:30 am, got the bike up to temp now getting ready to dump the oil....FTG

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
135 Posts
Great shots, dude, especially that first one!! Very nice “mise en scène”. (Ten years in the nyc film industry in the late ‘70’s / ‘80’s). Enjoy your weather! It’s 58-degree F. up here, grey, rain. Tomorrow night down to the twenties. Yup. The twenties. April can go either way up here. Hopefully this is the last of it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Installed a Hattech exhaust on my Thruxton RS. Love the raw look with the visible welds. And the more upright sweep of the silencers I feel give the bike a sportier look. The sound is a touch louder than stock, with more growl, and more burbling on deceleration

·
Registered
1972 Norton Commando, 1973 Norton Commando, 1974 Norton Commando, Bonnevilles - 2018 T120, 2009 T100
132 Posts
Admired my T120 in the garage! 😀. But I did ride yesterday for about 50 miles so I don’t feel like I’m neglecting it. Nice weather around the corner. Can’t wait to get out more.

·
Registered
2020 t120
312 Posts
Took the t120 for a nice ride today. Great weather and not much traffic. Rode up to a lake about 50 miles away. Took mostly all back roads to get there. Made 2 wrong turns along the way, but no big deal. Check the map and reroute. Only added an xtra 10 miles over the mountain.

Rode back home correcting my 2 wrong turns on the way. What's kinda funny to me, I knew the name of the road I wanted to stay on. What I didnt know is it changed direction, going straight put me on a different road. No stop sign for me either, so I happily continued on the wrong way, lol.

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
135 Posts
two great shots, fellas, nice! RO73, classic shot, "suitable for framing" for sure! (skwirl - looks like Harriman State Park?) cheers.

·
Registered
2020 t120
312 Posts
two great shots, fellas, nice! RO73, classic shot, "suitable for framing" for sure! (skwirl - looks like Harriman State Park?) cheers.
Havent heard of that one. I was at Mauch Chuck lake, west of Lehighton, Pa. Nice area with great secondary roads that meander thru the hills.

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
135 Posts
Havent heard of that one. I was at Mauch Chuck lake, west of Lehighton, Pa. Nice area with great secondary roads that meander thru the hills.
Very cool, looks like great country out there! Harriman State Park is located in New York State, begins in Sloatsburg, NY. Also nice riding, including up to Bear Mountain, if you're ever in these parts...

·
Registered
1972 Norton Commando, 1973 Norton Commando, 1974 Norton Commando, Bonnevilles - 2018 T120, 2009 T100
132 Posts
Nothing too exciting here. But I did a short 50 mile ride on Easter Sunday morning - it was chilly but that's what heated grips are for! Then today I polished the chrome wheels. Looking forward to retiring later this year and being able to ride whenever I want. Rode last w/e with a friend and a few of his friends. He had his Yamaha SR500, we had a former Isle of Man TT racer on his MV Agusta, another on a Ducati 916 and another on a BWW Sportbike. It was a blast! And the Triumph held its own! Probably more a credit to the bike than the rider (me), but no one had to wait for me! I will say my gas mileage went WAAAAY down riding with this group! Small price to pay!

4361 - 4380 of 4426 Posts