Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

4341 - 4360 of 4426 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
-installed aftermarket fork ears/lowered headlight
-installed aftermarket front blinkers
-installed rectifier relocation kit(loosened brake lines and moved a bit back to clear rectifier)
-started fabrication of gauge cluster lowering bracket
-removed sissy bar and rear loop
-removed fork reflectors
-remover handlebars to prep for clip one

To Do
-replace injector covers with new black ones
-remove stock pipes and install Shorty's
-install front and rear stubby fenders
-install aftermarket rear blinkers

Probably forgetting a couple things

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
631 Posts
SteveyT, doing mods can b addicting...lol once u start it never seems to end, but that’s a great start already my man....FTG

·
Registered
23 Posts
100% Fly, I know the feeling. Sold my 1979 Honda CM400 that I cafe'd myself. It was a terrible day but I needed a bigger bike and I had no room to store the old girl otherwise I would've kept her.

Sitting her with a beer staring at the torn apart T120, I love this ****.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I like the color matched fenders.
Then you could do the screens on the side panels and some red stitching on the seat.
Like the front, not as sure about the rear, its a bit remote from the other red parts, what about black as an option.
Red side panel mesh and red stitching, that's a bit tacky :p

·
Registered
2020 t120
312 Posts
Put the battery back in my t120 yesterday afternoon. I had it plugged in to my maintainer/desulfator for 9 days.
Jumped on it and went for a ride. A great afternoon to be out. Rode around on some local back roads I was never on before. A hour and a half later I was back home.
I'm hoping to get out with it today to, soon as it warms up and I get some stone moved onto a muddy parking spot for my truck.

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin, 2009 Street Triple
344 Posts

·
Registered
Scrambler 1200XC - 2019
8 Posts
I really like the way the Triumph GPS mount fits on top of the handlebar clamp on my Speed Twin:

The mount is slightly adapted from the one designed for the Street Triple.
It's a shame that it's available only in black, whereas my clamps are silver.
I agree, it looks a neat solution. Do you know the part number? I'd like to find out if it would fit the Scrambler 1200 as I can't see a GPS mount on the SCR 1200 configurator.

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin, 2009 Street Triple
344 Posts
I agree, it looks a neat solution. Do you know the part number? I'd like to find out if it would fit the Scrambler 1200 as I can't see a GPS mount on the SCR 1200 configurator.
The part number I used is A9828039.
I had to pad it out with a washer to make it sit correctly above the clamp.
The mount is currently on sale at Bills Smith's in the UK for a bargain £11.65/$16.20: Triumph Gps Mount Kit | A9828039_2016STREETTRIPLERABS

Edit: the important dimension is the distance between the clamp bolts which is 40 mm.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I got the girl out and made about a 100 mile run in some nice weather finally. I ran up by the lake and then into another small town to have a beer. The damn bugs where terrible around the lake but it was well worth the wash job at the end just to get out and ride again!

Washed and ready to go again

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
135 Posts
What's that bike in the back, a Wombat or something? I see the Honda wings? Looks like one of those trail bikes from the '70's, fun stuff. Speed Twin and pics look great. Looks like a nice ride (other than the bugs!) . Always good to get out. Cheers!

·
Registered
43 Posts
What's that bike in the back, a Wombat or something? I see the Honda wings? Looks like one of those trail bikes from the '70's, fun stuff. Speed Twin and pics look great. Looks like a nice ride (other than the bugs!) . Always good to get out. Cheers!
That is a Honda Monkey 125. Its made to look like the old mini bikes but is built on a Honda Grom frame. We use it as a pit bike and my girlfriend rides it around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
2020 T120
12 Posts
I did not like Viking bags. Their look did not work for me, so I've used waxed canvas messenger bag and with few nuts, bolts, brackets, grommets and plexiglass sheet I've attached it to Motone rail. The second bag is on order from Amazon and it will be installed on the other side. Now this is more like what I was going for. Bike is just about ready, It's time to ride.
IMG_0785.jpg

4341 - 4360 of 4426 Posts