Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

4201 - 4220 of 4252 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
140 Posts
I'm also 5'10" and find my XC just a wee bit tippy toe on rough roads, so losing 20mm might just make the difference, and I don't really need all the suspension travel
Haia BFB
Should be able to get out and test it properly next week.
Those rough roads - ie prob'ly similar to the ones around here - may just persuade me to change back...
There's one on my regular run that's so steep and rutted / potholed that coming down in 2nd gear on full engine braking I have to keep applying the brakes to keep the speed down. It's long, curvy and single track; cars coming uphill have difficulty starting again if they have to stop - so they try not to - can be awkward...
Anyhow, under those conditions I'm already catching my right toe boot on the ground when braking. I'm hoping that I can counter that by increasing the compression damping to prevent the front from 'diving' too much.
I've even got a YouTube vid of that very road...

Let's see if the Tec springs can get me 'n me bikey to the bottom of the road without bottoming out.

·
Registered
2020 T120
4 Posts
Organized and stored tools underneath T120 seat. This is what I decided to keep on the bike:
Torx Keys T40 and T50
Allen Keys 3, 5, 6 and 8mm
Wrenches 8, 10, 12 and 14mm
Plyers
Adjustable wrench
Pressure gauge
Cable ties
I always keep Letterman and electrical tape in pocket.
Proper screwdrivers and tire repair kit will be in the bag that I will carry on longer trips and it will be strapped to the passenger seat.
IMG_0685.jpg
IMG_0686.jpg

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I just ensure everything's tightened properly in the first place, never had any need for tools when i'm out on the bike, probably more useful on a modern bike to carry a Bluetooth adaptor than a bunch of spanners.
I'll concede the puncture repair kit isn't a bad idea but only if you've already gone tubeless.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Plugged back in the battery, dusted her off (virtually since it was covered) and brought her up for the first (short) ride of the season... ahhh...

Also called the dealer to check if we can install Bitubo shocks and Zard exhaust (I'd do it myself but seems some kind of additional homologation certificate is needed).

·
Registered
2019 Thruxton TFC with Arrow Headers,Apex clipons
255 Posts
1st day this year above 60F (yeah!) went out for a proper 3hr ride , a bit sore but delighted. Broke 4000 miles on the TFC, about time for a fresh set of tires. Today it's suppose to be 70! then back to 50 and rain for the weekend .. Enjoy it while I can

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler 1200 XC
304 Posts
Scrambler XE fitted...
Pair of cheapo LED spots.
Zard Decat.
Healtech shifter (fantastic!)
LIFEPO4 battery.
Small Dart screen.
Can you share what spots you got? And how they’re working? I’ve been looking around at different eBay and Amazon offerings, but am hesitant. I’d like something that is more for seeing at night, rather than being seen.
Also, do the lights cut out if you use your high beam? I think I saw something about that, if you use the bike’s harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1200XE and Thunderbird Storm
212 Posts
Can you share what spots you got? And how they’re working? I’ve been looking around at different eBay and Amazon offerings, but am hesitant. I’d like something that is more for seeing at night, rather than being seen.
Also, do the lights cut out if you use your high beam? I think I saw something about that, if you use the bike’s harness.

My brother bought them for me, they look like these: tinyurl.com/2j635hdf
I soldered them into the standard aux light connectors in the headlight cowl so they work off the standard aux switch, they stay on - high beam or not - that might be down to local market programming, I'm in the UK.
I aimed the beams at the standard low beam pattern - even though the Scrambler has an LED headlight I think it's weak. Much better now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lt. Dan, you got new legs(wheels)!

Big thanks to my fellow speed twin owner in Colorado for accommodating me on this swap. Both bikes look awesome afterward.

Thanks again! Aside from nervous waiting it worked out really well.

Here’s how the Speed Twin looks after for anyone interested in making the swap.

4201 - 4220 of 4252 Posts