Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

4161 - 4180 of 4252 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
They look really neat, nicely tucked in, like a bit of DIY (y)
I'd be slight concerned though about the right angle section and the possibility of it fracturing over time with the bags having no lower support.
CafRacer 1: Kdxandrew 0 ....lasted about 500km before it broke!

v.2 - same principle, but with a straight plate bent round a 1" dowel...

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
140 Posts
Haia all
Yumsies...
These have just turned up:

Bar-end mirrors and...
Lowering springs for my 1200 Scrambler! Yay, now I'll be able to find the ground on those tricky off-camber inclines.
I'll be fitting the mirrors this afternoon and the springs over the next few days.
There's a lot of snow down at the moment and we're locked down until March 30th anyway so I'll prob'ly take the opportunity of 'deep cleaning' the bike at the same time.
Will post pikkies and a grumble / eulogy as appropriate later.
Hwyl

·
Registered
2020 t120
220 Posts
A question for the UK riders, why cant you ride during lockdown?
I'm just curious, cause I cant think of a good reason. Maybe when you get fuel, or 2 up riding but that doesnt make sense to me either.
Interested in the reasoning behind this.

·
Registered
1200 Scrambler XE , T120, 865 Scrambler
151 Posts
Haia all
Yumsies...
These have just turned up:
View attachment 745985
Bar-end mirrors and...
Lowering springs for my 1200 Scrambler! Yay, now I'll be able to find the ground on those tricky off-camber inclines.
I'll be fitting the mirrors this afternoon and the springs over the next few days.............
Will post pikkies and a grumble / eulogy as appropriate later.
Hwyl
Looking forward to your review of the lowering springs ,
Saw them on the Tec site the other day and watched the video,but decided to wait until i've seen some reviews before taking the plunge

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler
251 Posts
A question for the UK riders, why cant you ride during lockdown?
I'm just curious, cause I cant think of a good reason. Maybe when you get fuel, or 2 up riding but that doesnt make sense to me either.
Interested in the reasoning behind this.
The main argument right now is to allow our hospital systems the ability to concentrate on COVID cases.

Also, we can ride. We just can’t ride for leisure. So commuting is fine. (We also can’t drive a car for leisure, so the same rules apply for car drivers that apply for motorcycles: because the issue isn’t about stopping the spread of the virus - but to ensure our hospital system isn’t overloaded by both COVID related and non-COVID related injuries/issues).

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
140 Posts
Looking forward to your review of the lowering springs ,
... before taking the plunge
Ooo-err I do hope they don't lower it THAT much!
Haven't made a start on fitting them yet. Shortly after my last post the heavy snow brought the power lines down so we've only just got power back.
Still, it did make for a romantic candle-light meal by the fireside...

·
Registered
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
78 Posts
I got the SW-Motech tank strap and bag installed. The clear protector they include isn’t great, so I’ll be redoing that in short order. But, it’s on and looks amazing! I also got a coat of Wash Wax All put on everywhere. If you haven’t tried it, it’s pretty amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great custom fab work Kiwidave4, moto looking great!
Just my thought, but I think the grill screens behind the side panels would look good if they were sprayed black. I did mine in a metallic gold to highlight the other little gold bits and it looks great compared to the stock silver look...FTG View attachment 745359 View attachment 745361 View attachment 745362 View attachment 745363 View attachment 745364 View attachment 745365 View attachment 745366 View attachment 745367
I did mine red to compliment the R logo and the red stitching on the seat, also gives a sort of K&N filter appearance. View attachment 745383
Very nice! How did you remove the clips that hold the ‘grill’?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I think I bent the sections of the clip with needle nose pliers up enough to force them off with a screwdriver.

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
390 Posts
I used the needle nose to lightly squeeze opposite sides of the retaining clip, it takes the pressure of the washer tightness against the little plastic peg and u just work it up and off nicely. If u are not careful and u try and pri them off u will break the plastic pegs and u won’t b happy. i made a little diagram showing how to use the needle nose to squeeze the sides of the washer where the arrows points are and shimmy it off.... hope this helps..
and I know I said the grills would look good black which they would but u have a lot of nice chrome on the bike and spraying the panel grills with a bright chrome spray wouldn’t look to bad either, it’s your bike do what makes sense and make u happy! ..... FTG

4161 - 4180 of 4252 Posts