Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3981 - 4000 of 4022 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The t120 has 1"
I have seen someone mention the spacers before but can't understand how it would help
I have the spacers installed on my '19 Thruxton R. Without the spacers there is a very noticable lag in twisting the handlebar and it actually gripping the throttle.
With the spacers added, the extra space is removed and the throttle reacts immediately.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just checked the throttle. No noticable slop forward and backward.
It does have slight play side to side though

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just checked the throttle. No noticable slop forward and backward.
It does have slight play side to side though
you must be lucky then or someone's fitted a spacer already, mine was atrocious.
If the feeling is better in Rain mode but the bike feels too sluggish then you could change the ETV mapping with TuneEcu, just put the gentle start of the Rain mode in Road mode but keep the rest the same say above 5% and it won't feel so slow.

Reactions: okitoki

·
Registered
308 Posts
The spacer fits inside the housing of the throttle twist grip. It basically takes up space at the start point of the twist and the End stop of the twist. Therefore it has removed the excessive opening and closing space. You now have a much more responsive twist diameter without the slack points.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I added a Motone helmet lock. I like it well enough that I might get another for the right side.
2CC9B073-DEA3-4228-9BA0-EEE6B94D30CE.jpeg

·
Registered
395 Posts
okitoki: Congrats to your wife. My wife took the MSF class with me in 1990, but chose to not take the test at the end of the class. She got spooked by the engine cutting out on the class bike she was riding. She was thinking of taking the class this year before Covid hit.

Back on topic, I installed the throttle spacer kit on my '19 Speed Twin. The slack original slack was not an issue or bothersome for me, but I thought it might help to smooth out my rev match down shifting on this bike.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well... installed the booster plug....
Yeap does smooth out the low speed "about to stall" sensation so don't need to use the throttle as much so less twitching.

But the twitch is still there.

Not 100% but should be better for the wife.
More expensive, but I found a power commander and dyno tune sorted it completely. I think the low speed twitchiness is pretty universal on all bikes Euro IV and above (well it is on all the ones I've ridden anyway...)

·
Registered
405 Posts
More expensive, but I found a power commander and dyno tune sorted it completely. I think the low speed twitchiness is pretty universal on all bikes Euro IV and above (well it is on all the ones I've ridden anyway...)
yeah, I have the PC on my SE, will be playing with the tune for the first time this weekend, so will see how that works out

Will also see how the wife is going to be on the T120... if she is happy with it, then its a cheaper solution.... Have also ordered the BC quiet core for the predator, so hopefully it would reduce the bubbling and popping.... maybe some additional back pressure might not make it feel so "loose" on the acceleration. Im happy to ride the T120 hard, but not sure how the wife will find it

·
Registered
126 Posts

Fitted a Monza fuel cap. Next up at some point is some heated T120 grips I picked up on eBay. Though I might get dealer to fit them when I bet some new tyres (New type TT100's). Though I was going to git some BC ace bars but I guess I will have to give that a miss with the heated grips. Also considering Lucas indicators

And a DNK tune when we start to get allowed out again in...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Went out on the Bonnie to our local "tourist trap" village called Miravet, no one there. On the way back the Catalan Police (Mossos Desquarda) were at one of their favourite spots stopping all vehicles in the other direction mostly, luckily they waved me through, bike going very quietly 😉😇😂

·
Registered
319 Posts
Reprogrammed my completely stock SC with DKN tune. Was not looking for more TQ/HP but more fine tuning some drivability issues mainly low speed city on/off throttle riding. Impressed after a short testride today, weather not allowing any long rides here in Sweden. Low throttle snappiness clearly improved but the best thing is the smoothness and willingness of the engine now. Rev limiter also at 7400 and it revs willingly all way up (on lower gears). Also feels smoother on normal midrev riding. Recommended.
///TRS
Did you consider the Booster Plug from Denmark before doing the DKN tune?

·
Registered
405 Posts

Did you consider the Booster Plug from Denmark before doing the DKN tune?
Consider the price of the DNK tune is $200 vs $165 for the booster plugs.... if I had the cables and tuneecu I would have gone this path as well.... but the BP is definitely made a difference to the low throttle snatch.... Wife approved....

did the rear brake pedal adjustment last night... raised it up so wife is no longer tippy toeing the foot petal... more confident using it for slow speed maneuver ... brake still feel spongy though.....

how hard is it to bleed the brakes? not sure if different with ABS

·
Registered
436 Posts
how hard is it to bleed the brakes? not sure if different with ABS
You need to vent the ABS via the ECU to do it properly - Tune ECU again! (it has access to the ABS bleed function). Tune ECU isn't expensive if you already have the Android phone/tablet

·
Registered
405 Posts
sigh have to wait for the connector to arrive, and hopefully it will work

·
Registered
238 Posts
Installed the Triumph heated grips on my Scrambler 1200 XC. All pretty easy, EXCEPT one step... lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 street twin
29 Posts
After ten days of ownership and five rides I finally adjusted the mirrors so I can sorta see what’s behind me.
Ordered some cheap bar end mirrors to check if that idea is a good move.

·
Registered
436 Posts
After ten days of ownership and five rides I finally adjusted the mirrors so I can sorta see what’s behind me.
Ordered some cheap bar end mirrors to check if that idea is a good move.
I used to think bar-end mirrors were just for looks, but now I'm a complete convert. Big plusses - wide location so good view past elbows etc + very short stems so no vibration. Only minus is extra width makes lane-splitting a bit harder (but even then, there's a certain sacrificial advantage - you only risk clipping mirrors instead of hands/handlebars!)

3981 - 4000 of 4022 Posts