Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3581 - 3600 of 3620 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Bike has been running and idling rough so I decided to check valve clearances early. It’s at 24,000kms.

All 4 intake valves were at zero. Not good, hopefully they aren’t damaged. Now I’m waiting on a shim kit since no one in town had the shims I needed in stock. Gonna be a couple weeks before I can get riding again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
357 Posts
when I installed my tec camshaft after 12000km i had to adjust the valves and I found that they were at zero with the stock camshaft.
I mentioned it to my dealer and he was not suprised.
It is a known issue that they can be a bit tight out of the factory.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Replaced the headlight rim on the T120. The original rim has gone really rusty. What a pig of a job, the final clip is horrible to fit into place - got it there in the end by jamming a 6mm Allen key in to hold one end in position, somehow keeping the middle in the right place, and using curved needle nose pliers to get the other end in place - first end nearly popped back out at that point but I was able to persuade it not to. It's that fancy moulding for the LED lighting that is the problem.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Crime my arse. Its my bike and I’ll do what i want.
I was not telling folks what they should or shouldn't do. I myself have 3 motorcycle and a Vespa 300 in my garage now, all without a cat.
I was simply stating the facts. It is indeed a Federal offense to modify emissions systems in the US.

Ya gotts a problem with hearing the truth, the facts?

Paul

·
Registered
883 Posts
I was not telling folks what they should or shouldn't do. I myself have 3 motorcycle and a Vespa 300 in my garage now, all without a cat.
I was simply stating the facts. It is indeed a Federal offense to modify emissions systems in the US.

Ya gotts a problem with hearing the truth, the facts?

Paul
Everyone knows that, so stating the obvious just gets my dander up. I also remove those stickers from new pillows that say it a federal crime to remove.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Installed a 17t sprocket on the Speed Twin. Makes the bike a bit friendlier around town, which is mainly what I got the Speed for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Replaced the snorkel on sc because I thought there was a flat spot without it. Not so sure now.
Fitted Wilber Progressive fork springs and preloaded adjusters. Springs make a hugh difference.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Installed the triumph CNC brake reservoir housing. Had to trim about half an Inch of the hose.
I clamped the hose leaving enough room to trim it and push the new Pipe in. If you leave the lid on the plastic reservoir (providing the lids tight and sealed as it should be) it won’t pour out (I lost half a drop) and you can turn it upside down on the bench, mount the new one and then transfer the fluid. Undo the clamp and put the lid on. No need to bleed.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Installed the triumph CNC brake reservoir housing. Had to trim about half an Inch of the hose.
I clamped the hose leaving enough room to trim it and push the new Pipe in. If you leave the lid on the plastic reservoir (providing the lids tight and sealed as it should be) it won’t pour out (I lost half a drop) and you can turn it upside down on the bench, mount the new one and then transfer the fluid. Undo the clamp and put the lid on. No need to bleed.
Thanks - I was wondering about that, however when I enquired the dealership said they'd pop it on at no charge as part of the 2nd service so I'm going to leave it to them

·
Registered
3 Posts
First I changed the grips, as the "brown" barrel grips from triumph aren't that pretty.
IMG_20200626_182107.jpg

Then I got her some more black parts and changed the tank cap and the intake cover.
IMG_20200626_183653.jpg IMG_20200626_183727.jpg

And then I took a short ride and had to take this picture.
IMG_20200627_155942.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Put a Triumph touring screen on. Well, almost. Picked it up yesterday minus two M8x16 bolts that are needed, but I had two M8x25 bolts and an angle grinder so that was no impediment. The awkward bit came when fitting the upper bracket, as I have an auxiliary power socket and that makes the original instructions impossible to follow. For anyone doing the same as me, the answer is to leave the cover on the instruments, detach instruments and aux socket by undoing the two Torx bolts, put the upper bracket in place but leave the bolts very very slack, refit instruments and aux socket, and then tighten the upper bracket bolts. Haven't put the screen itself on yet as I'm still doing the cruise control mod and want to leave the headlight out until I've done that, and the screen obstructs the headlight screws.

3581 - 3600 of 3620 Posts