Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3561 - 3580 of 3620 Posts

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
Did about 175 K.s today in about 15 degrees C. including some highway work. After about 20 K.'s at 100 kph the rear went up to 45 psi, the front to 39; so 5 and 3 psi respectively.
FWIW, in general you'd want to see a 3 psi rise, cold to hot in your normal riding conditions. Try adding 1 psi cold to the rear and see what happens.

·
Registered
382 Posts
what isn't knocked out in the thousands in a Chinese factory these days. 😜
I think your paying for the connectivity and function of the app more then anything.
I have used my far share of the sensors/screen combos from cheap to not so and the FOBO‘s are way better quality.
Iv found the screen ones iv used say there water proof/resistant but don’t last to long when the water gets in.
had my FOBO s on three bikes so far and only had to replace the batteries. Get over a year out of them.

As for putting the screen in your pocket. I put a unit on a mates bike that he purchased. I mounted it under the seat. It had a warning light so I taped it and ran the wires to the bars with another led. He just wanted an early warning of a slow leak.
I decided that if they were good and worked then the extra few bounds would outweigh the ongoing messing about working out where to put the display.

I ordered the FOBO yesterday.

They arrived today.

I can't get them to work.

EDIT: Needed to reboot my phone. Now working fine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Installed a DNA filter and removed the snorkel on my Street Cup.
Haven't had chance to ride it yet but it definitely sounded deeper. Not sure if I'll leave the snorkel off.
Tried to install new springs but only succeeded in marking one of the fork caps. Does anyone know if I need to loosen the top fork clamps before I attempt to undo the fork caps?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Installed a DNA filter and removed the snorkel on my Street Cup.
Haven't had chance to ride it yet but it definitely sounded deeper. Not sure if I'll leave the snorkel off.
Tried to install new springs but only succeeded in marking one of the fork caps. Does anyone know if I need to loosen the top fork clamps before I attempt to undo the fork caps?
Yes slacken top pinch bolt before attempting to undo cap and use a six point socket if you have one.

Reactions: BondJamesBond

·
Registered
54 Posts
And.....?????
Huge difference over the stock shocks, really soak up the big jolts and combined with the progressive springs I put on the front I feel there's a big improvement. For a heavy guy like me (225 lbs), I'm pretty much at the max for the springs which come with it, YMMV, but for me these are fantastic for the price and in my eyes look great as well.

britishlegends have a sale on them now if anyone is contemplating a pair. Can't say anything bad about them either, France to Canada in under 4 business days.

·
Registered
188 Posts
A couple of weeks ago a store had a triumph accessory’s flash sale for 1 day so I decided to get the black machined brake reservoir for my speed twin. Had a couple of plastic ones smashed by rocks in the past. So I will fit that in due course.

Anyway I also grabbed the machined headlight bezel as it was half price. I didn’t like like the dull black bezel as it looks cheap.

A 5 min job turned into 45 as triumph thought they would save them Self time buy only machining 2 of the 3 clips recesses out properly. Dosnt help that the bottom clip is obstructed buy the DRL portion of the headlight. Makes it hard to get fingers in there.

the clip just poped out every time i tried to put it in the bucket. had to file an edge in the top of the clip ends so it would engage properly. looks Good on but I’m glad I don’t fork out the near $150 Aus there asking for.

edit: while it didnt pop out when I gave it a couple taps and stayed in while putting back in the bucket. It did come off when i went for a ride around the block 🤦‍♂️

second edit: I pulled one of the old Lucas type clips out of a reproduction headlight I brought for my CB550 resto. Worked a treat.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Huge difference over the stock shocks, really soak up the big jolts and combined with the progressive springs I put on the front I feel there's a big improvement. For a heavy guy like me (225 lbs), I'm pretty much at the max for the springs which come with it, YMMV, but for me these are fantastic for the price and in my eyes look great as well.

britishlegends have a sale on them now if anyone is contemplating a pair. Can't say anything bad about them either, France to Canada in under 4 business days.
I had YSS's on a R1200R, they were custom built for my weight and riding style. They're a very good shock at a reasonable price. Will likely add a pair to my T120 Diamond Edition..

In the US Ted Porter at the Beemer Shop carries YSS, Wilbers, Yacugar, TracTive, TFX, and Touatech, he'll insure you get the shock best suited for your needs and price point. He's my go to shock guy, none better...

Paul

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry for late reply. Worked 2 rides and brakes started making noise again on ride 3. @200 miles.
Bummer! Don't know if you can get the front wheel of the deck... About once very 500km, I like to give the front wheel a good spin whilst spraying brake cleaner on the discs just in front of the caliper - a real good soaking till it runs clean. Not everyone would do this in case the brake cleaner degrades the piston seals, but I've done it with all my bikes and never had any problems - or squeaking brakes

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bummer! Don't know if you can get the front wheel of the deck... About once very 500km, I like to give the front wheel a good spin whilst spraying brake cleaner on the discs just in front of the caliper - a real good soaking till it runs clean. Not everyone would do this in case the brake cleaner degrades the piston seals, but I've done it with all my bikes and never had any problems - or squeaking brakes
I may try that as I'll be changing the front tire before long.

3561 - 3580 of 3620 Posts