Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3221 - 3240 of 3326 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes they are pretty low, but not as stretched as the BMW R Nine T Racer I used to own.

As you say the low risers aren't popular and people are selling them cheap so not an expensive experiment.

At the grand age of 61 years I figure this is my last chance to look cool ;-)
I'm not far behind you in years and my bike was already fitted with the low clip-ons and the fairing, the high clip-ons look a bit weird to me but I'd still go to them in the future if I had to rather than sell the bike.
I also test rode an R nine t racer and even though the bars are very low I didn't find it that uncomfortable, I felt like my arms were stretched out so there wasn't excessive weight pushing down on my wrists.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'm not far behind you in years and my bike was already fitted with the low clip-ons and the fairing, the high clip-ons look a bit weird to me but I'd still go to them in the future if I had to rather than sell the bike.
I also test rode an R nine t racer and even though the bars are very low I didn't find it that uncomfortable, I felt like my arms were stretched out so there wasn't excessive weight pushing down on my wrists.
My Thruxton S brought new with fairing kit already fitted, the low clip on bars were ok while riding but the next day after my back was sore from being laid over, after 2 weeks I put the stock risers on 2" higher and it don't look out of place with the fairing, my back loves me for it and to be honest the bike felt better and was easier to throw around the twisties, it was so much easier to control the bike with the higher risers, I am 61 and been riding for over 45 years now, lower clip ons don't make the bike easier to control and I found that out a long time a go as I have built a few café racers in my time and the lower clip ons didn't stay on to long even in my younger days.

Ashley

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fitted some polished engine covers that I Bought cheap of Ebay as they were damaged. Makes the Street Twin engine stand out better. They complement the home made side panels to which I have added TSX badges. Added more foam to a spare seat as well. All done for about £200

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well my track has finally dried out after the cloudburst rain we had two weeks ago ( a third of our annual rainfall in two days). It had washed all the salt off the road so yesterday went out on the Bonnie, first time since mid October, had a great time. Have used the BSA on the odd occasion but left the Bonnie in the garage. Kept the battery fully charged whilst not in use, very important for a long life. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I installed Motone's black pannier rails and Kriega Duo 28L saddle bags. I packed everything I plan to take for the ride down to Austin TX for MotoGP in a couple weeks and went for a test ride. The saddle bags are perfect with the 10L and 5L Kriega Dry bags I bought for my Colorado trip last summer. Should be a much nicer experience without a 35 pound backpack riding between my shoulders for hours on end. I now have enough extra space I bought a mini air compressor and can keep my CO2 tire inflates as backup.

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^^^ What am I looking at? ^^^^
Spacers that remove the free play in the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
865 Posts
3221 - 3240 of 3326 Posts