Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3201 - 3220 of 3326 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think Triumph do a clock like that as a part
Not for the Street Scrambler. They do for one of the other bikes. I was talking to the accessories chap from Triumph at the Motorbike show (NEC, UK) last year and he confirmed that it wouldn't fit the SS, nor did they intend to make one for it.

Test fitment good. Best I get it painted

·
Registered
127 Posts
Try Hammerite spray can Black plain finish paint. Easy to use may need 3 coats. Cost about £15.00 a can

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think Triumph do a clock like that as a part
Having checked, triumph do indeed do one, the A9828028 which apparently fits the Bobber and later Speedmasters. No idea why it wouldn't fit the Street Scrambler. I'm sure the one I saw at the NEC was different but that's probably my aged brain playing tricks

Irrespective of whether it would fit, as it's £70 from Triumph, I'll stick to my bespoke, better positioned, easier to read, less expensive version.

Especially as I've just found a Hammerite smooth black rattle can in the garage :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fitted my BC predator pros. when I got the bike I preferred the black cans compared the the thruxton chrome ones or the V&H‘s. After about a week with the bike I started to fall out of love with them. the started to look like a cheap addition and the short pipe piece that comes out from the chrome cap looks crap. The brushed predators look much more cleaner and More high quality then the original cans.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Test fitting some SATO rear-sets to the Street Cup. Put on some after market folding foot pegs for the mock up, these may need a bit of fettling :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Gyp, 20 minutes to photo the clock ?
Ha. Not quite. The headlight and high-level mudguard went on inbetween :)

A little frustrating that the mudguard has to come off to allow the headlight to move far enough out of the way to get cleanly on to the bolts that attach the speedo to the top yoke.

The angle of the bolts is awkward and the top yoke sufficiently expensive that I wasn't going to take any chances!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Í am sure it will work - the 60ml tank will last for about 10 000km - and I have a reserve that might last for ever ( up to 100 000 km ). And 5 years warranty, but I will led you know.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I replaced the seat cover with a brown diamond-stitched one from Luimoto - it came with matching tank pads. If anyone knows where I can get some slightly lighter-than-what-I-have brown grips to match them please let me know!

IMG_0920.JPG

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've gone all LED lighting on the Street Scrambler.

It comes with LED tail light.

I put on LED indicators before Christmas.

In went an LED H4 last week or the week before.

And today I changed the front parking/sidelight and the number plate bulbs to LED.

OK, I've no idea what's going on inside the speedo head and I'm not opening that, but as far as I know, all my lighting is now LED

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looking good Boysie, bike looks great, love the wheels.
Definitely less popular going from high to low risers but I agree they look better if your bodies up to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looking good Boysie, bike looks great, love the wheels.
Definitely less popular going from high to low risers but I agree they look better if your bodies up to it.

Yes they are pretty low, but not as stretched as the BMW R Nine T Racer I used to own.

As you say the low risers aren't popular and people are selling them cheap so not an expensive experiment.

At the grand age of 61 years I figure this is my last chance to look cool ;-)

3201 - 3220 of 3326 Posts