Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go Grey!

I'm biased as I have the graphite R. Personally I've always liked darker bikes. The bright bikes just don't do anything for me.

While I don't mind the orange, I just think the graphite won't get old . . . even if I do. :D

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Having seen both in person side by side now, I have no doubts whatsoever in my own case. I'm going for a gray one as soon as I can comfortably arrange the financing. (May be a few months on that, unfortunately. I could arrange uncomfortable financing right now, but I certainly don't want to do that in today's financial environment.)

However, the bottom line is, nobody's opinion on this subject matters but yours, since you'll be the one riding it for (hopefully) years to come.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've put in my order for a grey one. But then again grey ones will end up being a bit like *** - everyone is going to have one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If you want a unique color that stands out, I would go with orange.

Again, these are all opinions.

See which one tickles your fancy the most and then pick it. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an orange one. Pick it up this weekend. I saw it side by side with the gray and just couldn't take my eyes off it. i have seen loads of gray, but hardly any orange.

The dealer said he has only had two orange bikes in as they are impossible to get hold of. It's always a good idea to be seen as usually most folk buy dark gear.

But make sure you see them both before making your mind up. Photo's of the orange don't do it justice. When the sun bounces off it it's just beautiful. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
The graphite was the first street I saw and was my favorite. I was at the dealer yesterday and saw the orange and liked that too if not better.

Can't go wrong with either one.

Likewise the green in the basic Street is really growing on me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finaly got my orange triple r yesterday, what a beautiful bike!

Was a nice sunny day and when the sun hits the orange paint it's really cool!

I like a bit of colour in a bike, to many black bikes out there for me.

Posted a vid of my first ride, bit boring but i love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptSrxy9fXXg

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the orange and I love it!

I ordered it late last year without even seeing it..

i could not be happier with the color. I get compliments everywhere I go. I love watching heads turn as I ride by :) in the sun, the orange looks almost frosty.

not only is the orange different, it's more visible.. if you're thinking about safety.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put the first 180 K on my Orange R today..

I was looking at the Grey R on the showroom floor and the salesman told us that they were just uncrating a new Orange R in the shop.

He took us down to look at it and..... SOLD.

The Orange makes a unique bike even more unique!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts