Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My younger brother crashed his 01 GSXR600 a couple years ago, and its been sitting in his garage since, under a tarp because he couldn't afford to replace the bodywork, stator and stator cover.

He finally got the money to fix everything, so i took his bike home with me, since i have a proper garage and the experience to paint the new bodywork. He doesn't want to know what color im going to paint it, wants to be surprised i guess.

His bike has yellow wheels, so i was thinking painting it pearl yellow. Maybe something similar to the Solar Pearl Yellow that came on some 06 ZX10s. Should I go solid pearl yellow, or two tone? If I go two tone, what color goes well with pearl yellow?

I've been thinking about maybe pearl yellow, but with pearl white number plates on the front and tail, similar to the paint scheme on the yellow 2002 ducati 748r. Maybe tint the white with a little silver, like the diamond white pearl that comes on some Escalades.

All ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Ken, I saw a yellow sportbike years ago that was yellow and had, IIRC a 10-15% red tint added to the clear coat. Commands a second look...maybe white with a similar yellow tint would work as well.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,801 Posts
The color wheel says blue or purple or red. Don't go with red, unless you are trying to build a McCycle. :D

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
My stomach isn't very docile when thinking about a yellow bike with yellow wheels, but that's just my taste. I think it would look like a lemon rolling down the road. If you are to keep the yellow wheels, I'd say the majority of the bodywork would look good blue, white, or black (black, maybe, depending on the color yellow) with some yellow pinstriping--but not a whole lot.

Personally, I think if you painted the wheels silver or black, the majority of the body being pearl yellow with a white tutone would look great--much better than any combo with yellow wheels.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
John Deere has made green look quite nice with yellow! I have a yellow and black Tiger, a yellow and black NX650, and a yellow and white NX125. No lemons, more like wasps or bees!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts