Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
it's been a while since I posted here, been busy out filming bikes in CA.

I'd like to know what bike magazines you like to read and why.
I'm trying to find the good ones, besides the few that I like myself, where I can place small ads to let the bike world know about our film project.

Thanks for participating!

Erik

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Once a month i head over to Boarders Book Store, sit down with a cup of coffee and read my favorite bike magazines. Last time i was there a few weeks ago i counted over thirty (30) bike magazines. My favorite is Cycle World and Rider.. There are a few Touring Mags i like too,but IMO..these two stand out above the rest. I enjoy the articles on bike comparisons and interesting places to ride. http://www.ridermagazine.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once a month i head over to Boarders Book Store, sit down with a cup of coffee and read my favorite bike magazines. Last time i was there a few weeks ago i counted over thirty (30) bike magazines. My favorite is Cycle World and Rider.. There are a few Touring Mags i like too,but IMO..these two stand out above the rest. I enjoy the articles on bike comparisons and interesting places to ride. http://www.ridermagazine.com/
Thanks TRIIICK,
yeah I like Rider myself, I'm looking at their ad-rates right now.
It's expensive when you don't have big funding backing you up, but I gotta start somewhere.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Most of the usual American stuff. Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Rider, Sport Rider, MCN (subscription). I also read the Euro mags when I can find them, most often the Brit mags. T.W.O., Motorcycle Sport & Leisure. Also the Texas motorcycle magazine, Ride Texas.

Back in the "old days" I also read the Cycle and Cycle Guide magazines.

I get the BMW MOA magazine (member). I've even got a couple of issues of "Torque", but have'nt got a new one in quite a while

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the usual American stuff. Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Rider, Sport Rider, MCN (subscription). I also read the Euro mags when I can find them, most often the Brit mags. T.W.O., Motorcycle Sport & Leisure. Also the Texas motorcycle magazine, Ride Texas.

Back in the "old days" I also read the Cycle and Cycle Guide magazines.

I get the BMW MOA magazine (member). I've even got a couple of issues of "Torque", but have'nt got a new one in quite a while
I looked at TWO's website and the photography looks great.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Well down under...............

The magazine I subscribe to down here in Australia is.................

"Australian Road Rider" I like it because it has lots of gear info and bike tests without too much technical bumph half of which is over my head anyway.
I have also been reading "The Bear" (Peter Thoeming) his articles since I first stated riding when he was a young bike journo, he now edits this, Australias top selling bike mag.
It also has a great "bitz" section on bike gear etc.

The other mag I buy occasionally mostly to read about racing is AMCN that is "Australian Motorcycle News".

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
+1 to UK Bike, it's great. Also Motorcyclist and the AMA mag. And a local regional tabloid called Winding Roads Motorcycle Times.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
I read Cycle World and Motorcyclist (ordered by preference). I have to agree with the others who like Bike best of all, though.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Classic Bike Guide. (they put pictures of me in there!)
Classic Bike
Bike Magazine
MCN now and again.
The VMCC magazine ( I get that with my membership)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Cycle World and Motorcyclist, in that order. The main reason Cycle World is number one for me is Peter Egan & Kevin Cameron plus the format (for whatever reason) appeals to me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cycle World for me, mainly because of the Kevin Cameron articles. Also read Ride Texas every once in awhile. The stuff Ed Hertfelder wrote years ago was a monthly riot!! Can't remember if he wrote for Cycle or Cycle World.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Another vote for uk Bike :) just taken out a subscription. Like Classic Bike too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts