Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

281 - 300 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey I invented a new cocktail Christmas day table was all set looking amazing .when called to take my seat had just poured myself a Guinness as soon as I sat down had to open the prosseco and we all chinked glasses took one small sip and poured rest of glass in my Guinness all I can say is that will be my Christmas dinner cocktail from now on.think I might call it 'blacktail'.

·
Registered
448 Posts
After years of thorough research I have officially given up on craft beer. Hit and miss, overpriced and tiny bottles.
I prefer drinking cans poured into a glass because:-
1/ Most are still 375 ml
2/ They seem to get colder than glass
3/ I feel like aluminium is easier to recycle than glass, although I have no proof and can't be bothered doing any research.
4/ Using a drinking glass produces a nice head, closest thing to being at the Rubbity (dub). Spend the money and get a nucleated glass like they use at the Boozer.

So I have returned to Carlton Draught. Oh how I have missed you my old friend, I hope there are no hard feelings about me leaving to hang out with those painted up skanks around the corner. I will never do it again.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Tea, bringer of life. Got to have a couple of mugs of PG down my neck before I'm even vaguely human.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Beer prices in UK pubs weird was in London couple weeks ago London pride was 5 pound a pint went to Taunton last Saturday London pride 2.20 a pint odd

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Beer prices in UK pubs weird was in London couple weeks ago London pride was 5 pound a pint went to Taunton last Saturday London pride 2.20 a pint odd
Ground rent? :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Overcharging on beer is a fact of life in London spose rent might be higher but business rates are lower turnover and foot fall higher to

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
It's always been like that. I remember taking my now wife back up to Nottingham from London 25 years ago and when I got a round in down at the Trip to Jerusalem and the barman asked me for the cash I said "no, I wanted 2 pints, not 1"

·
Registered
640 Posts
Enjoying one of my last remaining bottles of Sam Adams Octoberfest. See you next year my malty Marzen mistress.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I had my 2008 H-D Night Train I took up drinking Night Train. Ten years later I've gotten rid of the motorcycle but I still drink the Night Train, singing "Drink Night Train, go to basketball game, . . . "

It goes great with Marmite.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Well I've got to pop out in a minute, but when I get back, it's a Glenfarclas 15 for me. Lets hope I don't get stopped for speeding trying to get home for that scotchy goodness.

edit -mmmmmm - Whisky

281 - 300 of 358 Posts