Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
New to naked bikes lol? The flyscreen should help enough to deflect the wind higher, typically aftermarket stuff ruins the lines of naked bikes.
I would not mind something like this. This is probably a lot more effective than the Triumph fly screen for Trident.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally saw one today (white) and gotta say that I’m impressed. I was just curious to know what accessories others here are getting with their new Trident.
I was thinking of the following:
— bar end mirrors (speed twin)
— quick shifter
— BT connectivity

what other accessories you think are better off being installed at the dealership vs DIY?
Got these from TEC parts UK shipped to Aus.

Bar end mirrors round think these suit the bike with the round headlight also easier to land spilt in traffic.

Dead easy to install no cutting or grinding to make them fit. Got these smaller bar end caps

Replacement black levers have made a huge difference especially clutch side now adjustable highly recommend 👍 only thing I wish is it didn't have was the white tec logo on the front might try some actone to remove.

Also no vibration at higher speeds tested to 110kph

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got these from TEC parts UK shipped to Aus.

Bar end mirrors round think these suit the bike with the round headlight also easier to land spilt in traffic.

Dead easy to install no cutting or grinding to make them fit. Got these smaller bar end caps

Replacement black levers have made a huge difference especially clutch side now adjustable highly recommend 👍 only thing I wish is it didn't have was the white tec logo on the front might try some actone to remove.

Also no vibration at higher speeds tested to 110kph

View attachment 753180

View attachment 753181

View attachment 753182

View attachment 753183
Wow...very nice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fly screen, bobbins, belly pan, legally required dust caps and credit card sized number plate. oh and the optimizer for the battery. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have scheduled my first service.
After that i will probably do oil changes at home yearly.
What are you people planning to do?

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks! Much appreciate

thank you!
no problem. This is the one I’ve got. Makes it very easy to get on the stand by yourself.
Very high quality product, made in the US, and excellent customer service.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I test rode the Trident about a month ago, and the geometry and power delivery were just OK for me. Took me about 3 weeks of head scratching, but eventually pulled the trigger and paid the deposit on the Trident. My 2011 Bonneville is now for sale.

I went for silver/red option with heated grips, fly screen, tank bag and USB power.

Greetings
Eryk
I just pulled the trigger on a trident today after sitting on it. Have to figure out what to do with my customized mag wheel Bonnie. Good on you to make that difficult decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
I’ve been focusing on getting protection for the bike immediately and looking into more functional focused items down the road. Are these all the things you think I’d need if the bike were to have a fall? Are any of them redundant (frame protection and engine cover protection )? What about the rear of the bike ... what’s protecting the rear axle or exhaust from scraping on the ground?

Frame Protection
Front Axle Protectors
Engine Cover Protection

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’ve been focusing on getting protection for the bike immediately and looking into more functional focused items down the road. Are these all the things you think I’d need if the bike were to have a fall? Are any of them redundant (frame protection and engine cover protection )? What about the rear of the bike ... what’s protecting the rear axle or exhaust from scraping on the ground?

Frame Protection
Front Axle Protectors
Engine Cover Protection

Let me tell you from my experiment/experience. Lol
I dropped the bike at very slow speed.
I was making a u turn in an empty parking lot while practicing slow speed maneuverers and it fell on the right hand side. Now, this was before any protection was installed. And everything was stock.

• The broad handle bar touched down. Bar end piece got nicked.
  • Rear view mirror got small scratches at the tip.
  • The rear passenger foot peg made contact. Actually this is a very high protective contact point. I had considered taking them off initially but now i am leaving them on as they are. Lol
  • Brake pedal got slightly bent. And The brake pedal tip has scratches.
  • The lower engine piece got tiny scratch marks in an area less than the size of a dime.
I had the frame slider at home waiting to be installed when this happened. Lol. The frame slider would have possibly prevented the scratches on the brake pedal and probably would have prevented the scratch on the lower part of the engine.

I have the bar-end mirror and the slim bar end piece coming so the scratches on the handle bar will be taken care of. In fact, That is the most visible damage anyway.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Let me tell you from my experiment/experience. Lol
I dropped the bike at very slow speed.
I was making a u turn in an empty parking lot while practicing slow speed maneuverers and it fell on the right hand side. Now, this was before any protection was installed. And everything was stock.

• The broad handle bar touched down. Bar end piece got nicked.
  • Rear view mirror got small scratches at the tip.
  • The rear passenger foot peg made contact. Actually this is a very high protective contact point. I had considered taking them off initially but now i am leaving them on as they are. Lol
  • Brake pedal got slightly bent. And The brake pedal tip has scratches.
  • The lower engine piece got tiny scratch marks in an area less than the size of a dime.
I had the frame slider at home waiting to be installed when this happened. Lol. The frame slider would have possibly prevented the scratches on the brake pedal and probably would have prevented the scratch on the lower part of the engine.

I have the bar-end mirror and the slim bar end piece coming so the scratches on the handle bar will be taken care of. In fact, That is the most visible damage anyway.
Sad ... but good to hear it was negligible. I had a similar experience when my Bonneville came off the stand post oil change, and I forgot to put the kick stand down. Fell on left side, brake lever broken, gear shifter broken, and handlebar bent. But that’s it. All replaceable. Oh... and the bottom part of the front fork got a scratch. You may want to take a peek at yours.

I’m going to look for sliders that I can move from Trident to my next bike. Hopefully that exists ...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sad ... but good to hear it was negligible. I had a similar experience when my Bonneville came off the stand post oil change, and I forgot to put the kick stand down. Fell on left side, brake lever broken, gear shifter broken, and handlebar bent. But that’s it. All replaceable. Oh... and the bottom part of the front fork got a scratch. You may want to take a peek at yours.

I’m going to look for sliders that I can move from Trident to my next bike. Hopefully that exists ...

The fork did not touch the ground I think. If i had fork protector, that probably would have. Ironic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks really nice. I'd like to do the same, but have one side include a helmet lock.
Not a bad idea but I’m always skeptical about leaving my helmet out. In this instance wouldn’t someone be able to just remove the bolts holding the bracket on? Aside from it getting stolen I worry about someone doing something to the helmet or even stealing the visor haha

21 - 40 of 54 Posts