Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally saw one today (white) and gotta say that I’m impressed. I was just curious to know what accessories others here are getting with their new Trident.
I was thinking of the following:
— bar end mirrors (speed twin)
— quick shifter
— BT connectivity

what other accessories you think are better off being installed at the dealership vs DIY?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I finally saw one today (white) and gotta say that I’m impressed. I was just curious to know what accessories others here are getting with their new Trident.
I was thinking of the following:
— bar end mirrors (speed twin)
— quick shifter
— BT connectivity

what other accessories you think are better off being installed at the dealership vs DIY?
As for things being installed by the dealer, I would say the only two are the quickshifter and heated grips since they both need to be programed to tell the bike they are there. I plan on having them all installed at the 500 mile service.

Everything else is simple to install and Triumph has the best instructions on how to install, very detailed and thorough.

I've installed the nylon swingarm spools, USB connector, and the front fork protectors. Took 5 min each to install.

I'll probably order the following eventually and install myself.
  • Engine covers
  • Frame protectors
  • Fly Screen

I don't think I'll get the Bluetooth module since when I'm on the bike I don't want to be bothered with phone calls etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As for things being installed by the dealer, I would say the only two are the quickshifter and heated grips since they both need to be programed to tell the bike they are there. I plan on having them all installed at the 500 mile service.

Everything else is simple to install and Triumph has the best instructions on how to install, very detailed and thorough.

I've installed the nylon swingarm spools, USB connector, and the front fork protectors. Took 5 min each to install.

I'll probably order the following eventually and install myself.
  • Engine covers
  • Frame protectors
  • Fly Screen

I don't think I'll get the Bluetooth module since when I'm on the bike I don't want to be bothered with phone calls etc.
Yeah...I have to read up more on the features/benefits of the BT connectivity. Good idea about the heated grips.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will these fit on Trident?

I will get the QS installed at the dealer but I will get adjustable levers and frame sliders later.

View attachment 751549
Have you found any
will these fit on Trident?

I will get the QS installed at the dealer but I will get adjustable levers and frame sliders later.

View attachment 751549
Are the frame sliders pretty easy to install? I've seen some where you have to do some mods on the bike in order to install them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you found any

Are the frame sliders pretty easy to install? I've seen some where you have to do some mods on the bike in order to install them.
Dealer said they will do it when I bring it in for first service. They probably don't have it currently.

Frame sliders installation is about 30 minutes. It cannot be that hard. On my R3 I had to take the fairings off but it should be a piece of cake for a naked bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 751672
Dealer said they will do it when I bring it in for first service. They probably don't have it currently.

Frame sliders installation is about 30 minutes. It cannot be that hard. On my R3 I had to take the fairings off but it should be a piece of cake for a baked bike.
I didn’t even noticed those.

I did however see the TPMS option for the tires. That looks like a good accessory especially the way it displays the info on the screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cool. Definitely an alternative for the budget conscious...like me 😃
So it looks like the levers fit many different models which means I could buy Triumph adjustable levers for one of those models listed and they will fit on my Trident 660.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me I’m about to pull the trigger on my trident with the faccessories:
Flyscreen
Frame sliders
Fork protectors
Heated grips.

possibly BT connectivity purely for the turn by turn navigation ? I’m undecided there.

also some paddock stand bobbins for chain maintenance etc

has anyone seen the tail bag? Not sure if it’s big enough for a helmet but maybe practical for a chain etc?

·
Registered
2021 Triumph Trident
42 Posts
So it looks like the levers fit many different models which means I could buy Triumph adjustable levers for one of those models listed and they will fit on my Trident 660.
Yup. I got them from TEC US.

I also got the lower footpegs with the 40mm adjustable piece, but haven't installed those yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me I’m about to pull the trigger on my trident with the faccessories:
Flyscreen
Frame sliders
Fork protectors
Heated grips.

possibly BT connectivity purely for the turn by turn navigation ? I’m undecided there.

also some paddock stand bobbins for chain maintenance etc

has anyone seen the tail bag? Not sure if it’s big enough for a helmet but maybe practical for a chain etc?
There have been mixed reviews with the turn-by-turn navigation. I'm contemplating this option as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I test rode the Trident about a month ago, and the geometry and power delivery were just OK for me. Took me about 3 weeks of head scratching, but eventually pulled the trigger and paid the deposit on the Trident. My 2011 Bonneville is now for sale.

I went for silver/red option with heated grips, fly screen, tank bag and USB power.

Greetings
Eryk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I test rode the Trident about a month ago, and the geometry and power delivery were just OK for me. Took me about 3 weeks of head scratching, but eventually pulled the trigger and paid the deposit on the Trident. My 2011 Bonneville is now for sale.

I went for silver/red option with heated grips, fly screen, tank bag and USB power.

Greetings
Eryk
Congrats! care to share photos of your Trident, particularly with the fly screen? I've seen a few photos and some look good and some not so good (styling wise).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats! care to share photos of your Trident, particularly with the fly screen? I've seen a few photos and some look good and some not so good (styling wise).
As soon as it arrives.
I paid the deposit some 2 weeks ago, and the provisional delivery date is early May.

Dublin showroom got two Tridents (basic white and black) that were available straight away, and since I fancied the silver/red - I have to wait.

For the first time in 15 years I'm without the bike, and it feels strange.

Greetings
Eryk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have the fly screen.
I just drove to a tool store to buy a wrench and on my way back I took the freeway and went up to 78 mph.
Up to 65 mph, it was OK but faster than that the wind was too strong for me.
I hope aftermarket companies make bigger wind deflectors for Trident than what Triumph offers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have the fly screen.
I just drove to a tool store to buy a wrench and on my way back I took the freeway and went up to 78 mph.
Up to 65 mph, it was OK but faster than that the wind was too strong for me.
I hope aftermarket companies make bigger wind deflectors for Trident than what Triumph offers.
New to naked bikes lol? The flyscreen should help enough to deflect the wind higher, typically aftermarket stuff ruins the lines of naked bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts