Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ache for a 675 in a Supermoto or Dual-Sport/Adventure chassis. Any word from you insiders if this will ever happen? And please don't call it a "Tiger Cub" or "Cub"...that would be gay. Call it the Triple Motard or Dual Sport Triple or whatever, but not a "Cub"! I've been considering a Street Triple as my next bike, but the roads in Michigan are so beat up and heaved and the weather to variable that I'll never go back to anything with less than 7 or 8 inches of travel and some built-in ruggedness. My 'tarded DR650 is approaching 30,000 miles now and I'm ready to get back onto something non-Japanese with more than 35 horsepower. The Husky SM610 is in the ballpark, but I don't really want to go that hard core and I'm tired of the sound of a huffing big single. A Dorsoduro is closer to what I need, but no dealer support and....it just doesn't stir my soul the way a Triumph does. Duc Hypermotard is nice, but pricey and more motor than I need. A ST675 with long, rugged legs is what I long for. Keep it naked too (read: don't copy the Tiger styling blueprint).

What are the chances?

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
What are the chances?
Slim to none for a pure supermoto, I expect, though it would have a certain appeal.

However, someone who visits this site periodically claiming to be a factory insider tells us a dual sport has been on the drawing boards for some time...and that it will be named Tiger Cub. Guess you'll just have to adopt a "don't ask, don't tell" policy if that happens, or else get used to the idea that the Cub has a long and proud tradition as a Triumph product name.

If it's any consolation, there doesn't seem to be any indication it'll borrow any styling from the current Tiger.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
For a long time, I have thought Triumph could revise the steering head on a 675 frame for more lock and make an amazing motard. It would be a bit heavier than the standard issue thumper, but it would have 100+ horsepower instead of 50. You could really do some roosting with all the power a triple makes. It won't happen, but it makes for nice dreaming.

·
Registered
163 Posts
For a long time, I have thought Triumph could revise the steering head on a 675 frame for more lock and make an amazing motard. It would be a bit heavier than the standard issue thumper, but it would have 100+ horsepower instead of 50. You could really do some roosting with all the power a triple makes. It won't happen, but it makes for nice dreaming.
It's called a KTM 990SM 189Kg and 117bhp :D

I would love something like the old TDR 250 though, something very light, not too tall and with firm, but long travel suspension and a nose fairing. About 130Kg and 70Bhp would do.....hang on thats an Aprilia SVX550 :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts