Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a bad lead up to christmas in the last few days we have had 5 motorbike deaths 1 in the bush and 4 on the roads, all in my area, it is really unusal as we are in a small state of Australia Victoria.where we would normally get one every couple of months

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sounds like a dangerous place to ride, maybe you should be a bit more alert these days when you're riding.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Almost enough to make you want to give up riding !!

A rider and pillion had a fatal head on with a car up at Mt Glorious (one of my haunts) 3 weeks ago.

We came passed when he was still alive but the guys with him had the situation under control. The ambulances and then the Care Flight helicopter where on the scene about 30 minutes after that..

It gives me an icky feeling when I go around that bend now !!

·
Registered
573 Posts
It's never good to see a fellow human being injured in a road accident, let alone another biker.

I rode home one day to find my route closed by the police, all routes round it choked completely.

When I got to work the next day found out another guy from my work, and who lived half a mile from me, had been side smashed by someone pulling out of a junction.

He lost his leg from the knee down, and was paralysed from the chest down.

A young man of amazing spirit, courage and humour who was told he would never walk again, even with crutches and calipers but he found a laser treatment clinic in France, we raised some money for him to go across - a pittance in the scheme of things - but he has stood on two feet and taken steps.

It's a terrible thing to happen to anyone, you always wonder how you would cope yourself.

Every day I take extra care going passed the site of his crash. There but for the grace of God and 10 minutes.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts