Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
the blonde one is kiefer sutherland.

The kiefer sutherland of 24 fame, just a long tie ago. Lost boys is a classic movie, rent it.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Lol, I'm 43 and my parents still don't know I ride!
OMG! I thougth Mrs. Irishguy was the only one. She's 40 [something :D] and here mother doesn't know she rides either. She says that she doesn't want to worry her. Her mother lives just up the road about an hour and a half away and spends the night all the time. She has seen both motorcycles in the garage and has never asked. I guess she assumes they are both mine.

I'm never gonna tell... That's is something between Mrs. Irish and her mum.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Maybe vampires have night vision.

It's certainly implied in the movie, although it's very foggy when they ride so maybe not "night vision" per se.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
OMG! I thougth Mrs. Irishguy was the only one. She's 40 [something :D] and here mother doesn't know she rides either. She says that she doesn't want to worry her. Her mother lives just up the road about an hour and a half away and spends the night all the time. She has seen both motorcycles in the garage and has never asked. I guess she assumes they are both mine.

I'm never gonna tell... That's is something between Mrs. Irish and her mum.
It is true my mom would take it farther than worrying. She would say I was doing it to get even with her in some way. And run every guilt trip imaginable on me.

She definitely doesn't handle things well. In 97 I was kicked by my ex mother-in-law's horse and the first thing she said was, "Do you know how much money I spent on your braces?!" Now, I know that can't really have been her first concern, but it didn't make me feel very important, that's for sure.

She runs guilt trips on me about everything. That's why it's always up to me to entertain her youngest brother (the crazy one) even though his sisters and brothers don't seem to be willing to do it.

My friends are right that if she finds out, she will calling constantly, crying and saying awful things, and trying to make me feel guilty that it is somehow hurting her.

It is probably just better that she and I stick to banal conversation about our animals, what's currently wrong with her computer, and what I ate for dinner last night. I've been out of her house for over 25 years and she still thinks I can't cook:D

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Grandma Irishguy is nothing like that. She is this little old church lady who wears her hair in a bun, homemade looking dresses, saves everything and talks in a southern accent that would put Gomer Pyle to shame.

She would probably not mind at all if she knew that Mrs. Irish rode a bike, it's just that Mrs. Irish doesn't want to worry her. And I understand that.

I love Grandma Irish almost as much as I love Mrs. Irish. She is a sweet hearted little lady. I am very lucky to have them both in my life. Everytime she comes over the the house to spend the weekend she tries to clean the whole thing. :D

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Actually mom turned out pretty good considering grandma was a complete nut case who used to chase her children around with large kitchen knives, and who was constantly being locked up in the nut house (and constantly escaping).

So in my family it is the Germans who are embarrassing and for the most part the Italians are boring, law abiding folks. My dad is quite a character, but not so much that I want to pretend I'm not related to him.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts