Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I rode the bike was Xmas Eve aft, before I went out I covered bike in Scottoiler FS so being lazy I just put it away when I got home. Although I've been in the garage several times I've never particularly looked at the bike.
Now I have I was gutted, wheels got fairly heavy rust on them & front brake pads stuck to discs. So been sat in the garage off & on this week removed calipers cleaned discs, managed to cleam wheels with very fine wire wool & loads of Autoglym Resin Polish. Good tip I got from Autoglym in bike mags was to use their polish on chrome I always used Solvol Autosol which is more abrasive. Its looking better but needs another hour or two yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just make sure you get all those small bits of wire wool off your wheels otherwise its just going to look like ***** when you get it out in the rain.

Either blow it all off with an airline or wash the wheels down with a mix of white spirits warm water and wax based car wash.

Its messy but it works.

Pain in the a**e all this salt on the road.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Rusty rims,I remember them on my legend.Now I get white furry ones instead.Easier to clean but need it more often.Why could they not of put a coat of lacquer on them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts