Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Earlier this evening I left work at about 7:15 pm. Dark. Roads were wet from sporadic rain during the day. Thermometer read 36 degrees, just a few degrees above freezing.

The bike fired up solidly on the third hit of the starter - no big deal to me. I let it warm up while I fastened my duffle bag to the rack, zipped up my old leather jacket and got ready to ride. Moments later, I let out the clutch and headed out.

No tire spin on the wet, near-freezing roads. Not even starting out uphill, and crossing a wide paint stripe. The Metzlers grabbed just fine. No slipping at all while braking or cornering driving through small town traffic.

The small headlight did a fine job of lighting the road. A few minutes into the ride Ol' Highpipes warmed up enough to keep my right leg nice and toasty! :) The Triumph just thrummed along in it's sturdy way, and delivered me home safe and sound.

Yup. I like my Triumph!

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Another rider from Seattle here. :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm on Whidbey Island (far northwest Washington)... Very much a wet part of the state; and windy too. No riding for me today :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Down in Vancouver here. Just rode home from dinner at my lady friend's house - streets are wet but the sky is opening up. Seems colder than 40 degrees, the highpipes feel great.

I love this bike.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Hey, I don't think we are supposed to tell anybody that we have great year round riding in the great WA.:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry dudes, I'm from Spokane, and the season is just about over. The white stuff seems to put an end to such things as private time with my Bonnie.

Think spring....

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Sorry dudes, I'm from Spokane, and the season is just about over. The white stuff seems to put an end to such things as private time with my Bonnie.

Think spring....
End to private time with Bonnie? No way, there's no tellin' what happens behind closed doors. Garaged doors that is. :D I'm planning on a lot of private time with Bonnie over the course of the winter.

·
Registered
70 Posts

Think spring....
I hope you guys don't get snow anything like you got last winter. You may have to add another mod to the Bonnie....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts