Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's called a mod trials bike. The sport is kinda related to things like moto-trials or hill climb in that it involves obstacles (both natural and man made) that you are supposed to get over without ever touching down. It's real stinkin' hard. Two types, stock (26" wheels big mountain bike sized bike) and mod (20" wheels bmx sized bike). I could post a vid link if there's interest...
Me and two other guys got a website: midwestbiketrials.com an all that (started to get us free parts, but yea!)
Here's pics of my new bike

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
wow, coming from trails riding in moab for MANY years, and a huge mountain bike enthusiast, i think it's en eventual possibility that might 'stick'.

trials bikes lost their 'ass; (seat) along the trail in the past several years, and why not with these?

excellent post speedy. very interesting and it keeps the 'lost' sport alive.

( i grew up trials riding WITH seats and had developed technique using the seat at points on my body (for leverage). when i recently rode a modern "trials bike", i tried to use the "seat" as leverage on a boulder climbing, and found that i only ended up looking like a non-riding tool. (then later re-capturing my skills on another rocky skill ride)

thanks for this post!

·
Registered
583 Posts
wow, that's cool, i would love to ride trials, moto thoug,, my knee is shot to***** from a lacrosse accident, there's a bmx stunt kid in my class that rides no seat,, he's pretty good, seen him backflip off a 12 foot ledge.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Sorry, great idea but I couldn't resist the quote

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
dang speedys, that's cool as hell man, If I would've known ya had that kinda money to throw around, I would've charged ya more fer the exhaust! :wink: :-D Cool bike though man, my fat ass would break it. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts