Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After scoping out these bars and the vendors, I see BellaCorse sells his own model and newbonneville sells Norman Hyde. The BC version looks quite a bit different than the NH model and works with stock cables.
I like the look of BC much better in that they are not as wide and have gentler bends. If anyone has either and would care to share observations of the bar they have, I'd gladly read them.
[I am aware of the bar thread but seek current, specific information.]

·
Registered
285 Posts
I pondered all the "Western" bars.Found a place in New Zealand.
The ones I got are about 1inch narrower than the Hyde bars. The chrome is perfect, nice bends. But I had to re cable. I love em!
Looks just like my old 60s trumps. I ordered on Monday got them on Friday.:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
tspapa.
Do you have a link to the place you got your bars from. I am looking at changing mine. Currently have some high bars on my 03 T100 but they just don't feel right. I have the longer cables, brake hose etc so thats not a concern for me.
Do you have any photos of the installed bars?

·
Registered
285 Posts
[I
MG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/tspapa/rear.jpg[/IMG]
This is the only view I could find with the new bars. So much more comfortable.

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I chose the NH western bars for my 06 scrambler I needed a brake line 100mm longer and rerouted the throttle cable to the right side of the frame. Very nice handle bars miner drilling for electric controls but no big deal. I like these wider bars as it allowed me to install different mirrors with shorter arms.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I chose the NH western bars for my 06 scrambler I needed a brake line 100mm longer and rerouted the throttle cable to the right side of the frame. Very nice handle bars miner drilling for electric controls but no big deal. I like these wider bars as it allowed me to install different mirrors with shorter arms.
Now them there are some w-i-d-e bars! Your armpits must get a nice breeze with those puppies. :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually they are very comfortable I find them much better than stock they measure before hand grips 35 inches across
Yeah, wide bars are pretty good. A long time ago I got a wide bar for my '72 Bonneville - not sure of the model bar - to replace whatever piece of crap I had, and it felt like a different motorcycle.

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
I've been using NH Western bars for about a year now. For me they were a little too wide, but liked the feel and the style so I chopped about an inch and a quarter off each side and now I really like them and wouldn't want anything else. I have also fitted lead weights in the bars just where the grips go, which erradicated any tingles that the wider bars gave. Perfect.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am after a set of NH Western Bars for my Bonne if anyone can help.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I phoned NH concerning the Western Bars last year, as was told that they wouldn't need longer cables. This turned out to be wrong, also the quality of the NH bars I received wasn't very good.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I phoned NH concerning the Western Bars last year, as was told that they wouldn't need longer cables. This turned out to be wrong, also the quality of the NH bars I received wasn't very good.
Hmmm...newbonneville, who sells the NH western's does note that longer cables are required. BellaCorse, on the other hand, sells its own version that does not need longer cables, according to the product info, and seems less extreme in all dimensions than the NH version.
I suppose I should just buy a BellaCorse bar and see for myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmmm...newbonneville, who sells the NH western's does note that longer cables are required. BellaCorse, on the other hand, sells its own version that does not need longer cables, according to the product info, and seems less extreme in all dimensions than the NH version.
I suppose I should just buy a BellaCorse bar and see for myself.
yes please do then post many pics. The photos on the Bellacorse site are less then informative and I've never seen another picture of them anywhere, ever.

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
I agree, my NH western bars start to rust after just a couple of showers, very thin chrome. But it doesn't matter as they will be black soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Bellacorse Western bars, and I think they're great.

Now, I'm something of a novice, so I can't really speak to exactly how they compare to mid-60s bars, but all in all the bends seem to be smoother and lower than stock.

And, it took me about 15 minutes to install them - no cable mods necessary.

Not the best pics - taken last summer...

http://grahamcousens.com/western_bars_a.jpg
http://grahamcousens.com/western_bars_b.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Now, I'm something of a novice, so I can't really speak to exactly how they compare to mid-60s bars, but all in all the bends seem to be smoother and lower than stock.

Thanks, cousens. They look good, real good, like a cross between M's and stocks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks, cousens. They look good, real good, like a cross between M's and stocks.
do you know if these bars are with, or without plugs in them? i'd like to put my barend mirrors on them if possible.

·
Registered
220 Posts
forgot to also ask...

how's the comfort factor on these?? i'm 5'11" with medium sized arms and i find the stock setup fairly comfortable for my build. i know the rise on these is like 2 inches shorter or so, i'm thinking it may put me a bit forward?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts