Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm French and live in New York and before I go back to France next year in order to start a new adventure over there (Triumph Bonnevilles related...), I would like to do a road trip on the West Coast, anytime this year.

I don't know how much it would cost to ship my Bonnie over there, and then again to New York... But if the cost is not too crazy* then I would like to find someone or some people who would be interested in hitting the road with me, so that we can share the experience and maybe some expenses.

Shoot me a PM or preferably an email if interested.

Cheers,
Max
[email protected]

* It is crazy. Just checked. $600-$800 one way. At that rate I'd rather rent BMW R1200GS with Eagle Rider, from Bend, OR to one of their other locations in Cali. Anyway still looking forward to riding accompanied!

[ This message was edited by: Max_NYC on 2007-02-25 18:08 ]

G

·
I would be interested in your ride -- funny, I know a couple of Frenchmen that ride with me here too.

Let me know what dates you are interested in, where you would like to go and I will try to make this work for you.

Mark

[email protected]

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2007-02-25 17:05, MPOster wrote:
I would be interested in your ride -- funny, I know a couple of Frenchmen that ride with me here too.

Let me know what dates you are interested in, where you would like to go and I will try to make this work for you.

Mark

[email protected]
Hey Mark, thanks for your answer. I'm very flexible with the dates, it will largely depends on the other people, and their own agenda. Since I now plan to rent a bike with Eagle Rider, I'm thinking of riding from Bend, Oregon, to San Francisco or Glendale. Or the other way around. (Do I want to get colder, or do I want to get warmer? Maybe the position of the sun is important too, in that case maybe it's better to ride north instead of south?)

Let me know.

Max

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-02-26 11:24, b2brand wrote:
Max,

if you time it right, you can hook up with the MotoGP Rolling Raid in July MotoGP from LA to Monterey and just continue up to Bend. Leave yourself some time in Bend and south in Sun River. You'll never regret it.

Good luck and who knows, might see you on the ride.
That's a good idea, thanks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Max,
I can't comment or criticize, as I don't know how much of the states you've seen..but IMHO, you should ride across on your Triumph. Away from the cities and tourist traps, motels are pretty reasonable. My wife and I are leaving near Portland, OR in late June for the midwest to see family, on to Toronto, and maybe Quebec, time permitting.
If you have time, I think you'd find it much more of an adventure.
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts