Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was amused to read, on buying a Bonny locking fuel cap for my Tbird, the warning "...must be fitted by a qualified Triumph Technician...do not exceed 80mph..."

·
Registered
442 Posts
Good points all and, as any American woman will tell you, REAL AMERICAN men don't read directions. Guilty as charged!

Seriously, part of the problem is that because of our damn lawyers and lawsuits they have to warn about so much nonsense and obvious stuff you feel like an idiot just trying to read it all. Do they really have to warn you not to use a match to check the fuel level?
I must take insult to that!
being a Real American Male I almost always read the owners manual or instructions. I am also not afraid to ask for directions but will still look at the map to ensure the directions make some kind of sense!

Its sad to see all the litigation for senseless acts of stupidity in the world when most of these people should be locked up so they arent a threat to society rather than passing the cost of thier stupidity along to us!

I could never understand how a jury could find in favor of some of the frivolus law suits??

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Here, here! I think you're right on - haven't done it yet, but keeps "all green" landing gear down, top of mind!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I confess something similar happened to me just the other day, backed my bike into a parking bay kicked the stand down just as something caught my eye,lent the bike over but the stand hadn't fully deployed and had flicked back up.I couldn't hold the weight once it was on it's way over but the front dresser bar and my knee took the brunt of it and I didn't do any damage.Thing was it was right outside the big glass windows of my local pub!.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I confess something similar happened to me just the other day, backed my bike into a parking bay kicked the stand down just as something caught my eye,lent the bike over but the stand hadn't fully deployed and had flicked back up.I couldn't hold the weight once it was on it's way over but the front dresser bar and my knee took the brunt of it and I didn't do any damage.Thing was it was right outside the big glass windows of my local pub!.
How sore were you afterwards?

·
Registered
133 Posts
40 valves,

Don't take ANY chances, if it is mechanical or operational get it fixed. If it is cosmetic and you can live with then that is your choice. Take all the money they give you and work with your dealer on what gets repaired and what you live with... Your dealer needs to check the forks, tubes and bars... if they are out of spec's... DON'T CHANCE IT!

hagatha

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
40 valves,

Don't take ANY chances, if it is mechanical or operational get it fixed. If it is cosmetic and you can live with then that is your choice. Take all the money they give you and work with your dealer on what gets repaired and what you live with... Your dealer needs to check the forks, tubes and bars... if they are out of spec's... DON'T CHANCE IT!

hagatha
Well the insurance company is on the case, and they are not going to classify it as collision. They are putting it under comprehensive, which carries a 100 dollar deductable. Thank God!

She'll be right as rain very soon. Still ridable though. In fact I logged about 300 miles this weekend. Gorgeous weather here where I live.

I gotta tell you, the thing that I get the biggest kick out of is when anyone on a HD gives my bike the "double take".

They're expecting it to be a japanese bike I guess and when they see Triumph, it gets a second look and a good once over.

Yes, I am vain.:)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts