Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a great ride, but I've fallen victim to my AADD... and buying a Duke... It's a full on crazy machine, been jonsin' for one for a long time... Gotta own one red Italian beast in my life... anyway Speedy is officially for sale. I have not posted anything yet, you all know the bike. I will be selling my Zard full system as a seperate item. (make offers) I think the bike will sell better mostly stock. PM me if interested...

It IS the faster black... 06 8500 miles pristine... :-D

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Please keep in touch with your Duke riding impressions.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Geoffy, I can't believe you! So when you say Duke, do you mean Duc? At first I thought you were talk'n 'bout a KTM SuperDuke, but then ya mentioned red italian beast, so I assume yer git'n a Duc. What kind are ya git'n? Although we all know that it won't be faster than a yeller speed triple, but just curious as to what yer git'n. :wink: :-D Good luck with the sale Geof, and thanks fer being one of the 1st few to welcome me aboard here, and give'm me some good deals! :wink: :-D

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Please, PLEASE, say it isn't a Monster!

I can see givin' up the triple for, say, a 999 (prices are comin' down :-D ) or any of the earlier superbikes. The new ones just don't grab me (I know, I'm in the minority in diggin' the 999).

T

·
0 Posts
Trade ya an '04 749 for your bike... funny, I'm making the switch in the opposite direction!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems I've got a bidding war going on for the Zard... CThenry PM me...

So here's the deal. This has been coming for a long time, it has NOTHING to do with being unhappy with my S3 in anyway, its economics. I can't have two... So I'm buying a 996. There is one locally that is SWEET. 8k on the clock, records etc. OH MY GOD what a RIDE!!! The thing is unreal in everyway. I am very comfortable on the 996 actually more so than the S3 if you can figure that out??? Anyway, it just "fits". It is at my local Ducati dealer. A friend is the manager... Sitting next to a new 999, there is no comparison. The lines of this range died after 02-03. Sitting on the 999 is far more uncomfortable than the 996... Anyway, there it is...

And Cheap... it's YELLOW!!! :cool: :cool: Pics when I get it in a few days...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
spark plugs $996. Air filter $996... Air in the tires $996...Owning an S3......Priceless :-D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually, doing the math, the maintenance thing is overrated IMO... Really not much diff than the S3 when you look at the #'s. The key seems to be DOING IT... It's a similar chat RE Porsches. But hey... what the heck... The S3 is a STELLAR bike... but there is a visceral feel on the 996. It's all business... I'll stay around though. You guys are great...

·
Registered
492 Posts
youre really going to like the 996 in the hills , only thing prettier to come out of italy is that desmosudcci or whatever they call it , that sucker is
SWEEEEET , oh and i did pm ya

1 - 20 of 35 Posts