Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the ongoing challenges with TriumphRat.Net was providing/supporting alternative content formats, without excessive administration overhead or security risks.

The former TriumphRat.Net Wiki was my first attempt at providing such a feature. It was a great project that was both efficient, secure, and allowed many users to put up whatever content they wished. However, there were several reasons why it never gained momentum. After the recent TriumphRat.Net Conversion I decided to take advantage of the primary portal's advantages and implement something that all TriumphRat.Net Members could use.

The TriumphRat.Net Blogs feature incorporates the same editor that all members already utilize when making forum posts. While any user can contribute to predefined categories, requests can be made for additional categories or members are free to create their own within their own Blogs.

As long as you follow the TriumphRat.Net Acceptable Use Policy, you are welcome to create whatever content you wish and maintain it. The Blogs system uses a basic URL formatting scheme, so links to your blog pages are easy to reference in TriumphRat.Net Discussion Forum Posts.

The Blogs also support (currently) an auto-generated RSS format that content can be imported into your favorite RSS Reader.

The Attachment features will auto-generate thumbnails on images, and icons for document types. I've enabled a 1Mb file limit to support larger attachment types, and a generous character limit for longer blog pages. As an added bonus, you can create multi-page entries in one submission.

The goal is to allow all TriumphRat.Net Members to create and maintain whatever they may wish to share to the community.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can't get the blog links to work

I've tried the new blog forum but I can't view any of the posts. When I click on a link all I get is the TriumphRat home page. What gives?

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what you mean. The Blogs themselves aren't a forum.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can't read the contents of the blogs. If I click on any of the items in Triumph Twin Tweaks blog (example copied below) I get taken to the Triumphrat home page rather than the contents of the blog.

Bonnie/Thrux Side Stand Switch Maintenance (by keef)+
Cleaning Tips (various)
Polishing America Lower Yoke Cover (by dazco)+
Chrome Scratch Smoothing (by freddytin, et. al.)
Stock Gas Cap Maintenance (various)
Bonnie Summer Screen Fitting Instructions+
Triumph Paint Codes*+
Alternative Parts

Could it have anything to do with Html code being turned off?

vB code is On
Smilies are On
code is On
HTML code is Off

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I see what you mean.

That particular document was created by Keef, I migrated it to the Blogs when the Wiki Site was taken down.

There are some links within it that haven't been updated yet. If a link hasn't been updated, you get taken to the Home Page. If it has been updated, you are presented with the actual forum post.

I haven't heard from Keef in a while, but imagine that he will be able to make time for it soon. I've done some updates on it already, but with the TriumphRat.Net Conversion it has taken a bit of time.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Shawn,
Would it be possible to create a Special Edition or limited production or etc "Category" to post the blog into? I was looking at the current blog categories and feel a SE registry doesn't quite fit in those available.
If we can create our own categories then I have some more research/digging to do to figure it out.
I see it as a legacy blogs. It would be interesting to see a Super III registry too because they are fairly unique, were part of the early years of the "new" Triumphs, and were made in limited quanties.
Last, I would offer the chance to Tigger since he started ths whole mess! :D JK, if Tigger doen't want to do it I will.
Tritonwow

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure!

It is done, let me know if you think the category is worded properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts