Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been lurking the forums for a bit. I started on a silver 08 CBR600rr back in 2013 but have always had my eye on a Thruxton. Well back in Nov '17 my dream finally came true when i purchased a '17 TTR in silver ice. I LOVE this bike. i have already clocked 2500 miles on it and am looking forward to many more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been lurking the forums for a bit. I started on a silver 08 CBR600rr back in 2013 but have always had my eye on a Thruxton. Well back in Nov '17 my dream finally came true when i purchased a '17 TTR in silver ice. I LOVE this bike. i have already clocked 2500 miles on it and am looking forward to many more.
How do the bikes compare?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a Street Twin because I didn't think I needed the power of the thruxton and didn't want to spend that much but I still can't keep my eye off the TTR in white. Someday maybe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a Street Twin because I didn't think I needed the power of the thruxton and didn't want to spend that much but I still can't keep my eye off the TTR in white. Someday maybe.
I loved my CBR i had loads of fun with it. but the TTR i feel is just better all around. i love the feel of my TTR. i felt the same way about the CBR but after a while i wish i had more power. i think the CBR had around 100hp compared to the TTRs 90hp-ish but the torque makes up for it so bike is plenty fun and reserved when i just want to cruise around. If you ended up getting a TTR i dont think you would have any regrets. maybe initially because you dont want to spend that much but all in all itll all be worth it. :grin2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi folks, it’s been 5 years since my last visit,

I’ve been on a few Triumphs over the past 10 years , raced 675 Daytona’s , a daily STR for over 7 years and now on a crazy fast Tuono 1100 Factory for nearly 3 years but can’t stop dreaming of a Thruxton R . I’m a bit over 160+ whp as it’s getting me into trouble, 95 hp might be just the ticket to a calmer more relaxing ride!

Now to sell the aprilia !

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi folks, it’s been 5 years since my last visit,

I’ve been on a few Triumphs over the past 10 years , raced 675 Daytona’s , a daily STR for over 7 years and now on a crazy fast Tuono 1100 Factory for nearly 3 years but can’t stop dreaming of a Thruxton R . I’m a bit over 160+ whp as it’s getting me into trouble, 95 hp might be just the ticket to a calmer more relaxing ride!

Now to sell the aprilia !
It's interesting, there have been several riders on this forum that have gone from the Tuono to the Thruxton. I have a 16 V4 factory and and 17 TTR and I have no plans to give up either of them!:grin2:
I do however, think the Thruxton is a lot more practical and comfortable than a modern sportbike. The Thruxton puts your riding position closer to a standard naked than a full race tuck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After years and years of eyeing off the Thruxton line, right back to when the 900 first arrived, i have just purchased a new 1200 D in Competition Green. Complete with front fairing cowl.

The R looks like a fantastic bike, but the more traditional look of the D appealed to me, and the Green looks amazing in decent sunlight. It sounds like the Green D's havent been hugely popular and they may be on the way out, so i thought i should get one whilst i can. In my mid-40's, this is my 'forever' bike, the last brand new bike i hopefully ever buy. The intention is to keep it as long as i can ride, and end up with a classic motorcycle to boot.

I think the 955 Sprint ST will continue as my workhorse bike, the mile eater. The Thrux will be the smile inducing classy classic.

Many, many years ago, i owned a Yamaha SRV250 in Racing Green. I absolutely loved it, the colour, the styling, the classic lines. The Thrux is like the grown up SRV. I Should have it late this week. Nervous - have i done the right thing spending so much on an extravagance - but also excited. I now own the look, style and colour i have always wanted. I'm very very lucky.

I'll post some pics when the new girl comes home.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been a fan of Cafe' Racers since the 70's , loved the Norton Commando's ( perhaps the Norton Girl on the inside cover of each new cycle mag influenced that ?) After several attempts with other bikes over the years I finally got what I think of as the dream bike of my youth ... on steroids. The new Truxton TFC , while I only have a few hundred miles in the twisties with her, she is by far the easiest , most natural bike I've ridden in all my years ( going on 50 years riding!)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right there with you.. I've been riding street bikes for 20 years and off road for 30. I've had so many nice bikes mainly with 1000+ cc engines on up to 200hp but I swear this TFC takes the cake. I've never owned a bike that felt this good all around for handling and soaking up bumps. Usually bikes are too wide like you're riding a mechanical bull (cbr1000) or too powerful and rigid for the street (duc panigale - snapped a wheel just hitting a road reflector). I feel like it has the best of everything.. looks, speed, comfort and exclusivity.

........the dream bike of my youth ... on steroids. The new Truxton TFC , while I only have a few hundred miles in the twisties with her, she is by far the easiest , most natural bike I've ridden in all my years ( going on 50 years riding!)

121 - 130 of 130 Posts