Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome To the Triumph Riding Servicemen...

This Forum is brand new and may require some tweeking. The Main Moderator is Saphena who had envisioned this forum for current Triumph riding military personnel to meet and engage with other Triumph riding military personnel from around the world and the Co-Moderator is Lee.

I would like to welcome you and solicit your requests, recommendations or suggestions on what you would like to see on this forum.

I think one of our goals is for you to be able to use it as a resource to find other active duty Triumph riding servicemen near you. We will be working on getting it set up over the next month so please be patient.

So once again I welcome you and thank you all for your service to your country.
Lee

·
Registered
169 Posts
Whilst I think the idea of a military sub section has a lot of merit.
Some of us military members cannot post as much as we'd like about ourselves, so can make any introductions seem kind of
"shallow" if you know what I mean

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I just want to say "HOOAH" to everyone currently serving...but since this section is for "active'' military I guess I dont get to play?:confused:

Kill'em all fellas...

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob is correct...please only mention things about yourself that are appropriate, safe and you feel comfortable with. We do not want to expose any guarded information.....

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I have been out for a while now almost 3 decades.....I do remember that we were briefed frequently on what we should be careful of divulging. That said it was also pre PC and the internet. So I think the need to be careful on what information is offered up is well noted. I am sure no offense was intended.

·
Registered
866 Posts
If it would give the enemy (or Ex-wife) knowledge they shouldn't have, don't post it. If your deployed/stationed to someplace people shouldn't know about, please do us the service of making up something entertaining.

The OPSEC/COMSEC briefing is now concluded.
:D

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Overkill,

Now that you got the OPSEC and COMSEC briefings out of the way, you need to get a picture of you Bonnie up on the other thread. That Claret & Silver is one of my favorite colors for the Hinckley Bonnies and I want to see it! As far as going back to the above; how would you talk on the phone? That is the tester I use and if it pops up to where question...then err to the side of safety. A little common sense can go a long ways and I think it is awesome that this portion of the forum has started!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just because this is created for military, it's still just a motorcycle forum. I can't imagine anyone would WANT to post anything that would overlook OPSEC or COMSEC or HUMINT. So much of our lives is accessible through FOIA anyway.

Having said that, I going to board EuroAir flight 123 with my T100 and M16 on Saturday at 3PM direct to Afghanistan, and I'm going to kick some Taliban butt!

I'm joking of course, I'm AF, we don't know how to shoot M16s.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Overkill,

Now that you got the OPSEC and COMSEC briefings out of the way, you need to get a picture of you Bonnie up on the other thread. That Claret & Silver is one of my favorite colors for the Hinckley Bonnies and I want to see it! As far as going back to the above; how would you talk on the phone? That is the tester I use and if it pops up to where question...then err to the side of safety. A little common sense can go a long ways and I think it is awesome that this portion of the forum has started!
Seriously. i never really had too many problems. Inside the fence, most people knew not to dig. Outside the fence I would just plead ignorance. (usually fairly close to the truth.) If they persisted, I would tell them to watch the local news, it was usually there in a day or so.
As for the Claret & Silver beasty:
http://www.triumphrat.net/attachments/rat-military/21757d1264894971-country-branch-of-service-and-base-location-new-dominators2.jpg

This is the most recent.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Welcome Chris! Get yourself situated on your profile and lets see some pics of your ride! Being a New Yorker and a Yankee fan, I will make exception from where you hail...at least you like Triumphs :laughhard

Just having a joke...welcome

·
Registered
59 Posts
What about us part timers?? Navy Reserve here... ride an 08 America
Yes... what about Reservists & National Guard, currently serving?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts