Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to TriumphRatNet Motoskiveez!
Thanks man! Hope everyone will find at least some interest in what we have done. If your rear end get uncomfortable while riding we have a novel solution to this very common problem. Here are a few link to some additional information about Moto-Skiveez®

To begin with here is a video that explains a little about Moto-Skiveez®. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxa8FjlJIZA&feature=youtu.be&hd=1
Here are a few reviews; From Simon Thomas; http://www2.2ridetheworld.com/5876-moto-skiveez/

WebBikeWorld; http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-underwear/moto-skiveez-review/

ADVPulse; http://www.advpulse.com/adv-products/moto-skiveez-padded-motorcycle-shorts/

Customer video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIQQSGv-Ok

Please let me know if anyone has specific questions. :)

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I ask a direct question as to how you compare to a competitive product and how your product is an improvement.

I had previously purchased a pair of LipoWear SitRelief shorts from Aerostich, on the recommendation of a couple of friends, who each swore by them. To be honest, I found them seriously lacking. Not only do you get an... unusual feeling from behind... when wearing them off the bike, they were also very hot when the weather was warmer. I could have dealt with these side effects, had they lived up to the promise of increased comfort in the saddle, but for me at least, they didn't. I gave up on wearing them.

Earlier this month, before I saw the sponsorship announcement, I had come across an add for your product. I wish I could recall from where, but I had bookmarked it to look at later. The sponsorship announcement reminded me that I hadn't done that yet.

So, I was wondering if you could tell me, what are the benefits of your product over what I already own? How does it differ? Will Motoskiveez maybe be the answer for me, if I am a case where SitRelief provides none?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I ask a direct question as to how you compare to a competitive product and how your product is an improvement.

I had previously purchased a pair of LipoWear SitRelief shorts from Aerostich, on the recommendation of a couple of friends, who each swore by them. To be honest, I found them seriously lacking. Not only do you get an... unusual feeling from behind... when wearing them off the bike, they were also very hot when the weather was warmer. I could have dealt with these side effects, had they lived up to the promise of increased comfort in the saddle, but for me at least, they didn't. I gave up on wearing them.

Earlier this month, before I saw the sponsorship announcement, I had come across an add for your product. I wish I could recall from where, but I had bookmarked it to look at later. The sponsorship announcement reminded me that I hadn't done that yet.

So, I was wondering if you could tell me, what are the benefits of your product over what I already own? How does it differ? Will Motoskiveez maybe be the answer for me, if I am a case where SitRelief provides none?
No worries, and thank you for the question. I have not personally tried Sit Relief shorts so I will omit commenting on them. However, there are a multitude of products in the market that have been created for one purpose or another and then someone tries to market them for a specific activity. I believe Sit Relief falls into this category.

So let me tell you about why Moto-Skiveez® are unique. Moto-Skiveez® were designed and created specifically for motorcycles. Over two years went into their research and development. I tried to address ever concern I could think about what would affect the performance of this product. Our pads are made of the absolute highest quality materials. The surface fabric is infused with silver ions to prevent odor. It is also a moisture wicking fabric. Each of our three different patent pending designs was created for a specific motorcycle riding style. The pads have five different layers but at their thickest point they are only 8mm thick. In contrast, most high end bicycle pads are 15-20 mm thick. We wanted a product that was effective in reducing irritation but not cumbersome.

Our base short is designed for all day comfort. We use two different materials, one for moisture management and one for breath-ability. They are designed to fit securely but not be compression shorts. I could go on and on, but to summarize, if there is one thing that sets our product apart is that it is created, designed, and intended for use specifically for motorcycles.

I will never state that this is the absolute best product for alleviating riding discomfort. Every person is different. People's perception of discomfort and tolerance for it vary. What I can say is that we compromised nothing in creating this product and, unlike many other products on the market, from the very beginning this was a product created for riding motorcycles. I hope that helps to address your concerns. Thanks again for your interest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Testing

Just a note; if you go to our website and check out some of our testing at the TMF facility, you will notice that some of it was done on my Tiger 1050 :D :D

So I'd like to think that I am more than a Vendor, I am an actual Triumph owner. :vroom

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I think you hit the nail on the head. The SitRelief shorts were originally designed for a specific medical condition and later the application was adopted to riding, without really altering the design.

For me, I found them cumbersome. Bulky padding that was uniform in width. They seemed to kind of bunch up in areas where they padding wasn't needed on the bike. Rather than provide any relief, I found they forced me to sit oddly on the bike. Rather than offer any kind of relief, they seemed to cause me lower back pain instead.

The seat on my bike is suitable for short days in the saddle, but its those 500+ days, especially strung together back to back, that begin to take a bit of a toll.

I appreciate the research that went into the different designs for specific bike types and the fact that you are a Triumph owner sure doesn't hurt :D

I am going to give the Adventure model a try, though I won't be able to really report until the weather gets a bit better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I think you hit the nail on the head. The SitRelief shorts were originally designed for a specific medical condition and later the application was adopted to riding, without really altering the design.

For me, I found them cumbersome. Bulky padding that was uniform in width. They seemed to kind of bunch up in areas where they padding wasn't needed on the bike. Rather than provide any relief, I found they forced me to sit oddly on the bike. Rather than offer any kind of relief, they seemed to cause me lower back pain instead.

The seat on my bike is suitable for short days in the saddle, but its those 500+ days, especially strung together back to back, that begin to take a bit of a toll.

I appreciate the research that went into the different designs for specific bike types and the fact that you are a Triumph owner sure doesn't hurt :D

I am going to give the Adventure model a try, though I won't be able to really report until the weather gets a bit better.

Thanks!
Looking at your profile, with an 1190 and a 1200 Tiger I would definitely think the ADVENTURE style is for you. Also I notice you are over in CO, we are just a little west in Park City, UT. If you ever find yourself this way give us a shout. We have an open door policy for motocyclists. My main bike is a BMW R1200GS Adv. Always looking for a reason to ride.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
Hopefully I will get back out that way soon. My wife and I spent 10 days last September in Utah with some folks from a local club, but we never got as far north as Park City. I haven't been to Park City in many years. It would be good to get back there for a visit. I will definitely stop in when we do!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Raw-Hyde big bikes in Baja trip

Just got back from a week in Baja with Raw-Hyde Adventures. A great trip. And while the vast majority of participants were on big dual sports, Jay Joo of Sena Technologies, completed the entire trip on a very sparsely farkled Scrambler. Aside from a couple of flats, this bike performed flawlessly. Has me re-thinking the tru meaning of "Adventure Motorcycling."

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/Rawhyde Baja 2015/Jay's Pics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10s5avt75ecq9r0/DSC02180.jpg?dl=0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts