Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Triumph Bonneville T100 2007 / 865 Carb
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member here with Bonneville T100 2007. Greets from Finland.

I was doing regular maintenance and since I saw that one of the rubber hoses between Airbox and carb was starting to fall apart, I decided to buy new one and change it.

Now, first weird part. There seems to be a hose which starts from left hand side of airbox, and goes under fuel tank.
In my bike, the hose is sealed shut.

If I'm right, this is a breather hose that should be connected to gas tank on right hand side? Is there a reason why it is sealed instead of connected? More power? Recommended if bike is fitted with custom exhaust? Any other reasons, benefits or anything?

·
Registered
2022 Triumph Bonneville Street Twin
747 Posts
Is that a clear hose? If so, I think it is to view any collected condensation.

Reactions: Cap10xs

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If it's the big hose at the top left corner of the air box it's for the secondary air injection. If the air injectors, located next to the spark plugs, have been removed that's fairly common, remove the hose and plug the hole in the air box.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello XpressGS,

Now, first weird part. There seems to be a hose which starts from left hand side of airbox, and goes under fuel tank.
In my bike, the hose is sealed shut
This is fro air injection which is "normally" plugged. Had mine removed and plugging done to airbox. To keep factory look you can just plug tube and disconnect air pump.

If I'm right, this is a breather hose that should be connected to gas tank on right hand side? Is there a reason why it is sealed instead of connected?
This tube goes straight from tank to front of rear wheel and not plugged , its for gas tank venting.
[/QUOTE]

·
Administrator
3,411 Posts
To answer your question direct - No. The tube you are describing is intended to go to the AIS or the crankcase breather line. Either way, someone decided it was easier to plug the end of the rubber hose and tuck it up under the tank than to find a plug for the airbox hole. The vent tube off the fuel tank in OEM configuration goes from the fuel tank nipple and down to an inline roll-over valve [ ROV ] and down to the back behind the frame and does an exit out the bottom for the vent to the atmosphere.

Reactions: Baltobonneville
1 - 6 of 6 Posts