Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's crazy, the four years the 675 has been out and my '07 is the heaviest thus far? Anyone have any ideas where the extra 20+ lbs came from in comparing the '07 and '09 models? I'd like to drop as much weight as possible for track day.

On a side note, anyone know if Jardine makes a full exhaust rather than just a slip-on?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
I don't know what the weights are officially, but I'd be very surprised if they varied much. Mine weights about 420, full wet and I'd be surprised if yours is much different. For the track, you can replace the stock can with a slip-on (maybe about 15 lbs) and use track plastic instead of the stock plastic. Removing the lights, etc. probably gets you about another 5 lb reduction. So, you can get it down to 400 lbs or so fairly easily. If you can tell the difference, you are a better man than me.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not really sure where you got your numbers from, but the 2007 675 was 363 lbs dry weight and the 2009 675 is 356 lbs dry weight. By my math, that's only 7 lbs difference there. Also, the 06 to 08's are the same weight too, they didn't make changes to the bike until 09, which means the 07 isn't the heaviest of all the years.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Not knowing you or the speeds with which you ride at the track, this will all be sort of a guessing game...

Cutting weight for the track all depends on how serious you are about riding the track. If you are a casual track rider, meaning that you don't go all that often, you would be far better served to spend money on tires and track time followed by suspension upgrades rather than trying to cut a few pounds.

However, the quickest weight reduction can be had by replacing the stock exhaust with a slip on or a full titanium exhaust. Then race glass and the removal of all lights as Will already mentioned. You can also save some weight by removing such things as the Secondary Air Injection, Evap Canister, Intake Flapper Valve and Actuator, Idle Stepper Motor, Catalytic Converter and the Exup Valve. Most of these things will require the Race ECM and Race Harness to avoid having the Mil Light illuminate on the instrument panel.

I've done all of these things to my track bike, but by far the biggest gains came from installing 20mm GP Suspension Cartridges in the front forks and installing the Ohlins triple clicker rear shock, oh and the slicks...

I am still running the Triumph TOR Exhaust on both my street bike and my track bike. At some point in time I plan to add the Arrow Stage 2 exhaust and that will shave quite a bit of weight.

Also, Jardine only makes a slip-on for the 675...

Remus and Arrow make full exhausts...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really sure where you got your numbers from, but the 2007 675 was 363 lbs dry weight and the 2009 675 is 356 lbs dry weight. By my math, that's only 7 lbs difference there. Also, the 06 to 08's are the same weight too, they didn't make changes to the bike until 09, which means the 07 isn't the heaviest of all the years.
I found it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Daytona_675 according to Wiki. I'm sorry that I wasn't specifying that the dry weight varies significantly.

Thanks for all the quick replies fellas.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ah, na, there's only an 8 lb difference between the 06-08's and the 09's (7.xx actually). half of that weight is reduced from the rear wheel the rest comes from changes made to the engine itself. You can find triumph released literature on the changes on the web. I'd go more by the Triumph released information on changes as opposed to a wiki site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts