Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
on 16 Aug last year, we had a blast down the Putty for about 16 of the good folk from here.

Well, SteveCro reminded me, that was a few months back and we said we do it again.

Now by good fortune, we're both available on Wed Feb 28th. So, we thought, well that's [email protected] near 6months so we have to do another run. We figure Feb 28 is still about 6 weeks away so it should give everyone plenty of time to plan that rostered day for a bit of riding, rorting and .. well eating and drinking really!

To keep things simple we're suggesting 2 choices:
a) run out on the Putty to Singleton for lunch and possibly beyond if we get away at a reasonable hour. about 350km return from Windsor
b) a run out Bell's Line to Bathurst or Oberon via Jenolan Caves Rd about 450km return from Windsor.

Either run lets us meet (with full tanks please folks!) at the McGraths hill maccas. I'd recommend meeting for breakfast 830, coffee 850 and departure at 915am so we don't waste the day.

It would be really good to get another 12-20 bikes for this run.
If we do the Putty Ride then maybe the central coast, newcastle and taree folk would meet us for lunch.

What say old chaps, do we have any takers? If so please respond with name, bike/model and suburb you're leaving from.

We're an informal group. Everyone's responsible for their own safety, it's no race track and ride at your own pace. No fixed lead rider or sweep but we do have regroup points and need to know who was tail end charlie to make sure we don't lose anyone :)

I'll post this on the Sprint and Speed Triple lists.
Russ :cool:

Name - Bike - Suburb - Mobile (if you want)
1 - Russ - White Speed Triple - St Mary's - 0431853935
2 - Steve - BMW R1200ST - Stanmore
3 -
4 -
5 -
etc.......

·
Registered
979 Posts
You lucky bastiches living so close to the Putty,love the Putty.Sounds like a brill run,have a good one. :hammer:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
If I can get down for it, I will. Obviously I`ll have to come down the day before and will be looking for a bed. Can I stay with you Russ? I must warn you that I wet the bed, have tourettes syndrome and tend to fall asleep with a lit cigar in my hand. Apart from that you won`t even notice I`m there...

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
I can't make it, but Rob, you would be more than welcome to stay with us, except we're away in Vic.

I know for a fact that he doesn't have tourettes, it's just the way he rides.

Have fun, I'll be somewhere on the south coast of Victoria with a fishin' rod.

Mick

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-01-17 15:57, welshrob wrote:
If I can get down for it, I will. Obviously I`ll have to come down the day before and will be looking for a bed. Can I stay with you Russ? I must warn you that I wet the bed, have tourettes syndrome and tend to fall asleep with a lit cigar in my hand. Apart from that you won`t even notice I`m there...
Hi Rob,
It'd be great to have some of the folk from far away on this list down for a ride, so I'd be more that happy to have you Rob. I can easily do a couple of beds if people aren't too picky :) , and I can fit a couple of bikes under lock and key no probs.

Miker, sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to the Triples outnumbering the Sprints ;-)

Russ

[ This message was edited by: ruscook on 2007-01-17 19:54 ]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey ruscook, sounds awesome, I'd be interested in the putty to singleton run, it's heading back in the right direction, I'll have to work out if I can swing a day or two off though. I've never riden the Putty before but heard it's great. I'll let you know defenitely when I've worked it out. :yayyy:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speedtrip, there's a couple of you up north, so maybe you could make a group ride down. Windsor/McGraths Hill Macca's is only about 3 1/2 hrs from Taree. Be great if you guys could meet us for the whole day.

If that's too far to meet for a 915/930am start, there's plenty of options to enable you to meet at either the 1/2 way house about 70K south of Singleton or even Singleton itself for lunch.

You'd get a great run in via Buckets to Gloucester, Dungog, Gresford (this patch is VERY bumpy) to Singleton as an alternative to a blast down the hwy/F3. Let me know what works for you.

Russ

·
Registered
120 Posts
Count me in ruscook, I'll get down to Mcgraths hill for the start. I've been out gresford, dungog way a few times and may come back that way. I used to ride to Gloucester every day for work awhile back. I'd be happy to join up with any guys from up north, otherwise I'll stay in Maitland tuesday night then head down at the sparrows fart.

3 - speedtrip30 - Black speedtriple - Taree
4 -
5 -
etc.......

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool Speedy looking forward to meeting ya!
<BR>
<BR>I've combined the responses so far from the Sprint and Speed Triple forums.
<BR>
<BR>Name - Bike - Suburb - Mobile (if you want)
<BR>1 - Russ - White Speed Triple - St Mary's - 0431853935
<BR>2 - Steve - BMW R1200ST - Stanmore
<BR>3 - Brett - Silver ST or Red 675, decisions, decisions..Newport
<BR>4 - Harry - RED 02 ST - Balmain - 0407 750920
<BR>5 - Damo - Scorched Daytona 675 - Narellan - 0402213070
<BR>6 - speedtrip30 - Black speedtriple - Taree
<BR>7 - WelshRob - Black Speed Triple - Gold Coast (TBC)
<BR>8 - ......
<BR>
<BR>Russ

[ This message was edited by: ruscook on 2007-01-24 00:35 ]

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The previous post mucked up our list so here it is again. Also bumped to the top to see if there's anymore takers - plenty of time to go :)

3 - Brett - Silver ST or Red 675, decisions, decisions..Newport
4 - Harry - RED 02 ST - Balmain - 0407 750920
5 - Damo - Scorched Daytona 675 - Narellan - 0402213070
6 - speedtrip30 - Black speedtriple - Taree
7 - WelshRob - Black Speed Triple - Gold Coast (TBC)
8 - ......

Russ

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7 - WelshRob - Black Speed Triple - Gold Coast (TBC)
8 - ExPatTommo - Speed Triple - Bondi

·
Registered
120 Posts
For those of us who don't know (me), could you tell us the best way to get to Mcgraths Hill coming from the north. Working my RDO on monday so I can have the day off. Looking forward to the ride and meeting you guys. :)

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool Speedtrip, as for directions err... head south???? :knkknk: :pkit: :roll:

Seriously, depends on how much time you have and when you're leaving. If you're leaving the night before substitute o'night address for McGraths Hill maccas below :)

From my place to Taree is about 4hrs.
A hard transport run:
Pacific Hwy/Fwy to Hornsby.
Pennant Hills Rd to M2, M2 to Windsor Rd, Windsor Rd to McGraths Hill on Windsor Rd for 830am and Breakfast :)

More scenic route 1 (still only about 4hrs)
Taree to Krambach to Gloucester to Stroud Rd to Dungog to East Gresford/Gresford to Singleton
Singleton to Windsor on the Putty
Windsor to McGraths Hill Maccas on Windsor Rd for 830am and Breakfast :)

More scenic route 2 (still < 4hrs)
Taree to Wyong on Pacific Hwy/Fwy
Exit to Central Mangrove at Somersby Interchange
Look for Wisemans Ferry signs
Follow Wisemans Ferry Rd to Ferry.
Cross on Ferry
Follow to Cattai, Pitt Town, Windsor Rd.
Turn Left on Windsor Rd go about 1.5K to McGraths Hill Maccas for 830am and Breakfast :)

After doing wisemans to Nords Wharf last weekend and considering we're doing the putty on the Wed, I'd go for the last option. Mind coppers from Cattai to McGraths Hill though.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone
Russ

·
Registered
644 Posts
OK, as mad as this may seem, I'm riding down for this one :-D I'll leave here Tuesday at some ridiculous hour, meet Welsh Rob on the Gold Coast somewhere and arrive 1,000 km's further south some time the same day. The next day will be a little ride and te next day I will go home. Now, obviously a night out or 2 is the order of the day, so you Sydneysiders better get busy arranging a large one for Rob and I. Something along the lines of vast quantities of strong ale and naked women :cool:

All of the above is provided I get my tyre turned around :evil:

Lookinf foreard to meeting you guys :)

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool 1050Pome - what a turnout we've got. Anyone from Melbourne or Canberra joining us???

In future we need to do a ride to Nymboida, or Emmaville or somewhere for an o'nighter that is about 1/2 way for each of us. Can talk about how to do this on the 28th.

We're gonna out number that Sprint crowd as well which is good. Just gotta be careful you banana benders don't outnumber us distinguished NS Welshmen :)

7 - WelshRob - Black Speed Triple - Gold Coast
8 - ExPatTommo - Speed Triple - Bondi
9 - 1050Pome -many coloured Speed Triple - fookin miles away/Sunshine Coast

Russ

[ This message was edited by: ruscook on 2007-02-09 04:51 ]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the info russ. I should off specified I was looking for the quickest way there in the morning. I looked at the map and saw plenty of options. I need to keep it simple first thing untill I wake up.
Great to see a couple of QLDer's going. Be good to see you again 1050Pomme, I didn't get to talk to you for long at Coffs.
Just got back from a 450klm ride across the Oxley Highway to Walcha then down Thunderbolts way to Glouchester and back home. Can't believe I've lived here 6 yrs and not done this. Absolutely awesome ride. Had to stop a few times to let the Harley catch up though.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On 2007-02-10 03:14, speedtrip30 wrote:
Thanks for the info russ. I should off specified I was looking for the quickest way there in the morning. I looked at the map and saw plenty of options. I need to keep it simple first thing untill I wake up.
Great to see a couple of QLDer's going. Be good to see you again 1050Pomme, I didn't get to talk to you for long at Coffs.
Just got back from a 450klm ride across the Oxley Highway to Walcha then down Thunderbolts way to Glouchester and back home. Can't believe I've lived here 6 yrs and not done this. Absolutely awesome ride. Had to stop a few times to let the Harley catch up though.
:) It is a great road. We do a Fri night trip from home to Wauchope then Oxley, Thunderbolts, Gloucester, Singleton and Home by 530pm a few times a year. Means you get Sat night and Sun with the family and a 1200km o'night ride all in the one weekend.

Another good run is up Bellingen to Dorrigo up Waterfall Way. For you a run to Walcha then Armindale would allow you to do Waterfall Way all the way to Grafton as a day ride - another great road.

See you on the 28th!

Russ

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ah the Oxley, best road I've ever ridden. I'm sure Rob and I will be heading up there on our way :-D Looking forward to it....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts