Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
The issue should be resolved. See the topic in the Biker HangOut Forum.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Yep, and it downloaded some stuff onto the hard drive. Ran a couple of virus checks and then ran a spyware sweep. 394 hits. :cuss:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Yeah - It came up on my computer, too. I immediately ran McAfee, and it showed no viruses. Should I run Adware and/or some other spyware program before continuing? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bob

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I ran AVG and Aluria to root out those pesky rats. Thing that was aggravating was that I ran a full sweep this morning and came up with just a list of cookies. Then, right after the hijack, the sweeps turned up all sorts of crud.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
On 2007-01-20 18:58, d2mini wrote:
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Buy a Mac, Bob. :-D
Well, Dennis, that is a suggestion .... but I've worked with Windows/PC for years and normally have few if any problems. I leave the MACs to the guys in our graphics department ( that is, I did before I retired). They did speak a different language!

Bob

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'd make some kind of response to the hacking here, but the one I posted over on the BHO not only resulted in my post being deleted, but my "silly" photo album too - just a tad disproportionate don't you think!

Whilst the efforts of those maintaining the site are much appreciated, part of me is more than tempted to shout, "Moderators U Akbur!" :mad:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
keef, COME ON! What the hell was that?? (I didn't delete it btw) But it looked like a bloody dismembered head! Give me a break!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Mare,
You may rest assured that it is not your good self whom I suppose deleted my photo album.
However, it might be worth noting that the first picture was emblazoned with the word "PEACE" - albeit in Hebrew.
The second picture was take from a series of instructions I wrote on a traditional northern English recipe called "Braun", in which a pig's head is served (yeah, yeah, severed) jellied with its trotters - my wife makes it for me as a treat every autumn.
The post was meant to complement an emerging air of light hearted defiance on the subject - no insult was intended, other than to those who, by virtue of their theo-fascist bigotry, deserved it. Surely a simple post deletion would have sufficed.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I removed several posts, including yours keef. You don't have to justify it, there was nothing assumed. If I expressed my true feelings about the hackers, the post would be much worse.

However, this is a site about motorcycles. TriumphRat.Net comes first, even in difficult situations like this.

I also removed your respective sub-album. Only because none of them were motorcycle-related. The TriumphRat.Net Photo Album is meant to be a resource for all TriumphRat.Net users to share motorcycle-related pictures. It wouldn't have much value if it were used for anything else, at least not on this site.

Hope this helps,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts