Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so folks,, had my first of 3 court dates today, the states sending ME money, couldn't believe it, i didn't even know what happened,, my lawer whispers something to the judge, and the whole thing is over, i swear i thought he was gonna pull a rabbit outta his hat. Looks like i might be back on the bike soon......
i'm totally amazed, when i was talking to him about the big one,, i was like, "i think this cop might have something against me" and he promised to make it so difficult for them to get me that if didn't get off he'd pay for all my fines and stuff.

I heart my lawer....

[ This message was edited by: jrussell6 on 2007-03-09 11:03 ]

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ahhhh....the lawyers got some good info on the judge it sounds like....

Lawyer Wispering to Judge "Remember that night at the Christmas party? I had a camera in the back room."

Judge to courtroom "I feel this case was improperly handled...all charges dismissed and $1000.00 awarded to the defendant to reimburse for bus and taxi fees. The court also orders $5000.00 to the defendant for mental anguish during this predicament."

Judge wispering to Lawyer "Now you promised to burn those pictures...right?"

Hopefully you do get reinstated....just remember, the cops will be looking for you after you get back out!!

Shawn

·
Registered
309 Posts
Its all about the bribes. Every time I get popped for reckless driving i just look the other way and slip him a Lincoln. Works every time! :-D :hammer:

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
sweeet jr, that's good news man. Hope it all works out fer ya in the end. Just remember, save yer hooligan acts fer out in the country and ya prolly won't git bothered as much. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Nice! I love it!. Just pray the cops don't find your vids on youtube :-D :-D

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'll bet there were some gaps in the prosecution's legal case. There almost always are. I got serious about learning traffic law a couple years ago. In my last three tickets, I found gaps in the prosecutions' cases and I beat all three tickets in court.

·
Registered
373 Posts
On 2007-03-09 11:13, scgstuff wrote:
Ahhhh....the lawyers got some good info on the judge it sounds like....

Lawyer Wispering to Judge "Remember that night at the Christmas party? I had a camera in the back room."

Judge to courtroom "I feel this case was improperly handled...all charges dismissed and $1000.00 awarded to the defendant to reimburse for bus and taxi fees. The court also orders $5000.00 to the defendant for mental anguish during this predicament."

Judge wispering to Lawyer "Now you promised to burn those pictures...right?"

Hopefully you do get reinstated....just remember, the cops will be looking for you after you get back out!!

Shawn

:roflmoa2:

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2007-03-09 11:14, S32k1 wrote:
Its all about the bribes. Every time I get popped for reckless driving i just look the other way and slip him a Lincoln. Works every time! :-D :hammer:
I always keep a Franklin folded up behind my license. It's a simple matter to pull them out together and hand over.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I always keep a Franklin folded up behind my license. It's a simple matter to pull them out together and hand over.
I got to call bullsh!t on that one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We're all pullin' for ya at the vatican Jrussell, good to hear about the win lets hope for a few more :upthumb:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, yeah, it was a little strang, i was the last defendant, and after the proceeding my lawer told me to hang out for a little bit, he and the judge were laughing it up and tellin jokes talkin about the news....

it was a breath of fresh air today, i was seriously thinking that i might be spending the next 2 years as a non-driver, but if today indicates how the rest of it is going to go, then i might even get off scott free, i'm gonna get a sticker for my speedo that reads,, "control" and hopefully i can make it a month without getting another ticket,,, my lawer tells me although he doesn't mind, i'm getting him rich.....
it's strange, he was rifling through my file and looks at me and goes,, for 35 bucks i can appeal this one from 4 years ago and get the points removed.,, i'm staring at this guy like he's jesus. i'm a born again driver........

seriously,, can you bribe a cop???? i'ld never try it, unless something maybe like "it fell" i dunno,, just seems like a felony to me.

cheap, if i'm riding this summer, you and limey will be getting a visit. that is if limey's still seeing that cute dog from holloween-------- :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Bring it on Jr :-D The pumpkin babe might need a bath and a shave but she'll be ready. :-D

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2007-03-09 15:04, jrussell6 wrote:
seriously,, can you bribe a cop???? i'ld never try it, unless something maybe like "it fell" i dunno,, just seems like a felony to me.
Is the Pope Catholic? If it's just stuck to the back of my license he can do two things; keep it and tell me to have a nice day or hand it back with the license and a ticket.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I would hand it back with a pair of handcuffs and a felony charge so hopefully you don't run into me and try it. Had a guy once offer me a hundy for a speeding ticket, arrested him for the bribe charge and impounded the hundy as evidence. I guess I have a problem with someone questioning my intergrity. I kind of take that as a personal insult really. But I am sure there are f***in low life cops out there too just as there are low life s.o.b.s. in all walks of life.

JR although I know you hate the police, good luck and hope you can get back on the S3 but takes El Cheapos advice keep your misbehaving out in the country you'll have less headaches.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, i wouldn't try to bribe a cop unless i were in a country where cops were reliably bribed, a good friend of mine from turkey was appalled that he actually had to follow the law around philly, he say's,, "unless you hurt somebody you just toss the guy some cash and it's done" he tried it, fortunatly the officer took the "your not from around here so i'l be easy on you" but he did lose his licence.

*******, i know i laid out that huge rant.. but i do generally think cops are good people or something similar. i just think that the system they work in fails people at many turns. Don't worry, i will try to stay away from you folk.

·
Registered
969 Posts
On 2007-03-09 16:12, *******-Rat wrote:
I would hand it back with a pair of handcuffs and a felony charge so hopefully you don't run into me and try it. Had a guy once offer me a hundy for a speeding ticket, arrested him for the bribe charge and impounded the hundy as evidence. I guess I have a problem with someone questioning my intergrity. I kind of take that as a personal insult really. But I am sure there are f***in low life cops out there too just as there are low life s.o.b.s. in all walks of life.

JR although I know you hate the police, good luck and hope you can get back on the S3 but takes El Cheapos advice keep your misbehaving out in the country you'll have less headaches.
+1 don't insult my integrity, I'll arrest you, impound your car and cash, and tell you all about bubba as we drive to the jail to book you on a felony :-D

·
Registered
175 Posts
So how much $ are you in it for the lawyer? If a cop in the US is dirty enough to take a bribe then there is no telling what that same cop might do to cover his own azz.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts