21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How do you delete photo from Media/Album?

When I click on a photo from the Media section of my Profile the options are watch, bookmark, add note/tag, share and the other pull down options are:

Set as avatar Edit media item Edit image Change thumbnail Move media item

These tired eyes do not readily see a delete function anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
I don't think there is a delete option at the time within your albums. You can contact me to remove something if needed though.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
11,236 Posts
  • When avatars were changed to square, existing avatars got cropped when they were not square.
  • "Following" a member seems to have no effect. When a "followed" member posts, it does not appear in the Alert list. There is no way to see recent posts made by "followed" members at https://www.triumphrat.net/watched/.
  • Why are there "drafts" and "general" subforums of the News forum? I think these are leftover from a feed by motorcycle.com that hasn't worked for quite a while. Perhaps these subforums should be removed?
  • There is no longer a way for members to sign up for Premium membership that I can find. There are no options under upgrades at https://www.triumphrat.net/account/upgrades

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The showcase text is mis-formatted. It looks like the intent was to make two columns, but it is all squished together. Like at https://www.triumphrat.net/showcase/bonnieblack.1488/

View attachment 715169
Unfortunately the formatting is not something that carried over in the move and everything will need to be re filled out as required. No further advanced formatting options are currently available, but if we'd be looking to develop them, what would you like to see?

During the migration it appears many of the subforum descriptions got truncated, or I can't find away to see the entire description (there is now "more ..." link to expand full description. Such as at https://www.triumphrat.net/forums/biker-hang-out.11/

View attachment 715170
I'll have some techs poke into recouping this truncated data.

• When avatars were changed to square, existing avatars got cropped when they were not square.
  • "Following" a member seems to have no effect. When a "followed" member posts, it does not appear in the Alert list. There is no way to see recent posts made by "followed" members at https://www.triumphrat.net/watched/.
  • Why are there "drafts" and "general" subforums of the News forum? I think these are leftover from a feed by motorcycle.com that hasn't worked for quite a while. Perhaps these subforums should be removed?
  • There is no longer a way for members to sign up for Premium membership that I can find. There are no options under upgrades at https://www.triumphrat.net/account/upgrades
Can you help me better understand the concern with the Avatar? They were cropped upon move, and then cropped again when the square ones were launched? Does accessing the Avatar menu option allow you to reformat the existing avatar in a way to allow you to edit it appropriately?
This may be dependant on your settings on when you receive alerts. Can you tell me what your settings are?
Would you like these sections to be moved, removed or hidden?
We are currently building out new Premium packages, the old information is retained and carried through and we hope to offer new packages into the new year.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
11,236 Posts
BB said: "When avatars were changed to square, existing avatars got cropped when they were not square. "

Can you help me better understand the concern with the Avatar? They were cropped upon move, and then cropped again when the square ones were launched? Does accessing the Avatar menu option allow you to reformat the existing avatar in a way to allow you to edit it appropriately?
If you browse the site you'll see the problem. You'll see avatars of a motorcycle's rear wheel, when there used to be an entire motorcycle. Things like that. There's no way I see for the user to fix it without uploading a new avatar.

(You might want to experiment with avatar uploads as well. When you upload an avatar it is not shown as it will appear on the site, the cropping is off there as well.)

You probably cannot fix this site at this point. But my feedback is that when migrating future sites you should consider padding avatars with white space when forcing them into a square container. So they are not cropped. User @Othen manually fixed his own avatar this way I noticed. After the migration his avatar showed as just one wing. He created a new image padded with white above and below: https://www.triumphrat.net/members/othen.426302/.

BB said: "Following" a member seems to have no effect. When a "followed" member posts, it does not appear in the Alert list. There is no way to see recent posts made by "followed" members at https://www.triumphrat.net/watched/.

This may be dependant on your settings on when you receive alerts. Can you tell me what your settings are?
There's about 100 settings, too many to transcribe :) If you can't see my settings yourself I think it is something your team can experiment with on a test site somewhere. Just some feedback for you is all, in case there this is a bug you would like to fix ... typically "following" a user causes you to be notified somehow when they post new content. That does not appear to be the case on this site.

BB said: Why are there "drafts" and "general" subforums of the News forum? I think these are leftover from a feed by motorcycle.com that hasn't worked for quite a while. Perhaps these subforums should be removed?

Would you like these sections to be moved, removed or hidden?
Hidden would be good, thanks.

·
Administrator
11,236 Posts
BB said: The showcase text is mis-formatted. It looks like the intent was to make two columns, but it is all squished together. Like at https://www.triumphrat.net/showcase/bonnieblack.1488/

Unfortunately the formatting is not something that carried over in the move and everything will need to be re filled out as required. No further advanced formatting options are currently available, but if we'd be looking to develop them, what would you like to see?
There does not appear to be a way for a user to fix this misformatting. Are users not able to edit their own Showcases after they've been created?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Keep getting a message "security error occurred go back and refresh page and try again"
At first it was only happening when I was attaching pictures in a reply but had it this morning just just trying to enter a text reply.
Its a pain having to go back and refresh when you've typed in a long reply, have to copy in case it doesn't save it when I refresh.
Any ideas?
I'm using an Android tablet.
Thanks

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
(You might want to experiment with avatar uploads as well. When you upload an avatar it is not shown as it will appear on the site, the cropping is off there as well.)
This is a known issue, and a the techs have been alerted to this. I can update you as fixes are being developed.

There's about 100 settings, too many to transcribe :) If you can't see my settings yourself I think it is something your team can experiment with on a test site somewhere. Just some feedback for you is all, in case there this is a bug you would like to fix ... typically "following" a user causes you to be notified somehow when they post new content. That does not appear to be the case on this site.
Based off of some further digging it may more accurately be that "following" users here be considered as adding them to your friend list on the old forum, perhaps that will better assist in understanding the function. Let me know if you would like to see your understanding for the "Follow function expanded and developed.
Hidden would be good, thanks.
I'll get to work on this next, should be resolved in a bit.
There does not appear to be a way for a user to fix this misformatting. Are users not able to edit their own Showcases after they've been created?
Users have unlimited editing ability on their own showcase. To edit a Showcase, click on your Avatar in top right-hand corner and select “My Showcase”

Open the Showcase you want to edit. Scroll to the bottom, and above comments you will see the Share options and a three-dot menu icon ⁝ click the icon and choose “Edit item”

From here, you will be brought to the editor used to create the Showcase. Make changes as needed, then Save.
Keep getting a message "security error occurred go back and refresh page and try again"
At first it was only happening when I was attaching pictures in a reply but had it this morning just just trying to enter a text reply.
Its a pain having to go back and refresh when you've typed in a long reply, have to copy in case it doesn't save it when I refresh.
Any ideas?
I'm using an Android tablet.
Thanks
This security error has been reported and recorded by one of our techs based off of this report, thanks for providing us with this information and I hope to have a solid resolution to this to you. Until then, ensure your browser cache has been cleared out to ensure you have the fastest path towards resolution each time.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
11,236 Posts
BonnieBlack said:
The showcase text is mis-formatted. It looks like the intent was to make two columns, but it is all squished together. Like at https://www.triumphrat.net/showcase/bonnieblack.1488/
HalfPint said:
BonnieBlack said:

Users have unlimited editing ability on their own showcase. To edit a Showcase, click on your Avatar in top right-hand corner and select “My Showcase”

Open the Showcase you want to edit. Scroll to the bottom, and above comments you will see the Share options and a three-dot menu icon ⁝ click the icon and choose “Edit item”

From here, you will be brought to the editor used to create the Showcase. Make changes as needed, then Save.
Ah, OK. Showcases can be edited. I thought I was only seeing that option because I was a moderator. But, it appears my original bug report is indeed a bug that needs to be resolved.

When editing a showcase, it is not a free-entry field, It is a series of input boxes we are asked to populate:

But, the information is mis-formatted after that is populated:

The end-user has no ability to fix this. There is no formatting for us to fix, with advanced tools or not. The software needs to present that data back correctly as a couple columns in table, or similar.

Attachments

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ah, OK. Showcases can be edited. I thought I was only seeing that option because I was a moderator. But, it appears my original bug report is indeed a bug that needs to be resolved.

When editing a showcase, it is not a free-entry field, It is a series of input boxes we are asked to populate:

View attachment 715347

But, the information is mis-formatted after that is populated:

View attachment 715348

The end-user has no ability to fix this. There is no formatting for us to fix, with advanced tools or not. The software needs to present that data back correctly as a couple columns in table, or similar.
Thanks for reporting this, our tech team has been made aware of this and I will check in on them to see if we can work towards developing a resolution. (perhaps in the reverse order of what you suggested, but hopefully that helps clarify)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I hope this is the good place to post this question.
Before the migration I used to see the members bike type and years under the avatar provided it was filled up in the profile.
Now I can't see it.
Is there a profile option to restore this display or am I missing something obvious?

·
Administrator
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Currently we're bug testing a feature that would allow for this. We'll let you know as soon as we can verify a safe roll out through our release notes :)

-Gerrit

21 - 36 of 36 Posts