Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another murder at the gas station a few blocks from my house...OK i live in a shitty area but this is gettin crazy...this makes the umpteenth murder within the last year that i moved here...and they are all within 5 miles of my house...a few weeks ago they shot up a 6 year olds birthday party...a fuckin six year olds birthday party!...i called my wife to tell her to take another way home cause there was a murder on the normal route ...the sad thing was it was as if i told her to stop and get milk or something really ordinary...she just said OK and hung up,,,FCUK i need to move! :mad: what the hell is wrong with this world?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
yeah man, i feel ya...

6.5 years ago my best friend inn denver was shot 11 times over a fuking parking space in a quiet neighborhood... they came to his house and aced him. never a fist was raised, only words were said. pathetic isn't it?

sometimes nice little suburbs don't sound too bad...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I live in a small town where you never hear about anything bad happening. Well, yesterday a 17 year old kid shot his girlfriend 4 times in the parking lot of the local high school before killing himself. She lived and is in stable condition.

No place feels safe anymore.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
On 2007-03-08 21:07, Andhedrew wrote:
I live in a small town where you never hear about anything bad happening. Well, yesterday a 17 year old kid shot his girlfriend 4 times in the parking lot of the local high school before killing himself. She lived and is in stable condition.

No place feels safe anymore.
man, thats too bad. poor girl...
glad she lived. too bad the kid guy didn't see the lighter side of life.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not to brag, but I couldn't tell you the last ime a gun was even fired in anger in my town. You can leave your frickin keys in your car at 3 am at the gas station! I do feel you guys though, I grew up in Topeka KS, and that place is nuthin but gang bangers, crack heads, and tweekers. That is why I moved to Lawrence, college town too!!! :wink:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I feel for you man, murder and mayhem is the local sport around here it can drive you nuts. :hammer:

Hang in there or even better if you can move out, but don't sell Speedy to do that :-D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just found out that the murder vic was a 26 year old father with his one year old in the cart seat next to him when his car got shot up...the dad is dead and the one year old is in critical condition...***...small town here i come!

·
Registered
973 Posts
If it was me dirt my man, i would do what ever it took to get myself and my family out of there. Including selling every bike i had. Ya can always get another bike.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I agree. I live in a town of 4,000. I don't feel that I need to lock my house, or my cars. When reading the county police logs, it's all car accidents and some pot busts. I know the town police (because I also volunteer my time to a town committee and events). If I want excitement I drive an hour to NYC.

It's quality of life x10. I want my kids to grow up in a place where they feel safe and don't have to worry about that stuff (until later in life anyway).

Capt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts