Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of Burly brand Voyager saddlebags or the Longride cafe bags, but I'd like something smaller and much cheaper. I thought about making my own waxed canvas bags from surplus military bags, but I don't have the time right now, and doubt my skills. I also considered a pair of cheap messenger bags (that's about the size I'm hoping for), but I'm skeptical of the quality of the ones I'm seeing online. Has anyone come across a cheaper but decent looking set of waxed canvas bags?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I really like the look of Burly brand Voyager saddlebags or the Longride cafe bags, but I'd like something smaller and much cheaper. I thought about making my own waxed canvas bags from surplus military bags, but I don't have the time right now, and doubt my skills. I also considered a pair of cheap messenger bags (that's about the size I'm hoping for), but I'm skeptical of the quality of the ones I'm seeing online. Has anyone come across a cheaper but decent looking set of waxed canvas bags?
I had a similar plan to yours last summer and was thinking about using messenger bags, like yourself though I wasn't sure about the durability of the things. I did find these at these waxed cotton motorcycle saddlebags, not sure if they are what you are looking for or even if they are available in the US
or

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a similar plan to yours last summer and was thinking about using messenger bags, like yourself though I wasn't sure about the durability of the things. I did find these at these waxed cotton motorcycle saddlebags, not sure if they are what you are looking for or even if they are available in the US
or

Thanks, Both look great, more of the size I'm looking for. Oxford is available in the US, not sure about Merlin. The Oxfords might be a winner if that is the price for a pair, and if the shipping's not bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts