Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

561 - 580 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks a lot man. They honestly sound incredible. Nice rumble at idle, tolerable on the highway, but mean at full throttle. I could not be happier with my decision.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Tightened the chain after 1500km and was later glad of the heated grips - took the Schwaegalp Pass to see the first snow up close.
View attachment 736923
That's a very beautiful part of the world and with great riding. I spent 7 summers touring Europe on a bike I kept in Heidelberg. Almost every one of those summer I was able to spend a week or two in Switzerland. Luv it there, but it is a wee bit pricey for a tourist.

Paul

Reactions: Stu2

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dear fellows, I was kind of lost from a while. A good reason to write something is this Bobber. It´s not my ride but a friend´s ride. Being the photographer I (think I) have all the rights to share this. Take care, Luis.

IMG-1152.JPG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Still bone stock and working on my first 500 miles, but I’m obsessed so hope you don’t mind! I think bar end mirrors are first, any recos?
There’s a couple of threads here on bar ends. I opted for Triumph round bar ends (look at my avatar). Better visibility than stock and looks cool. Btw these official round bar ends are manufactured by Kean Sean, maybe you can find them cheaper without of the Triumph branded box (although Triumph kit is stuffed with all the necessary parts for your bike).

For other options try the search in the forum.

Reactions: AtreyuDE2

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Jim, very nice looking bike. (y)

Paul

Reactions: jimlowe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
@AtreyuDE2 I like the simplicity of your bike the way it is. Needs nothing. Bar ends if you want but style-wise it‘s spot on. Two things you could consider adding if you can’t help yourself would be black intake covers and perhaps a black grab rail, but that’s it. And maybe a smaller rear guard and tail light and LED blinkers. But that’s it. Heated grips can be useful too. You could also consider some pipes and/or a decat, although they already sound great (and get better after some riding), but how about doing it anyway. What about some black levers? Badges? Trim? But nothing else - unless you need some luggage. Haha, this is how it starts....:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Nice ride last Wednesday via Silbury Hill. We used to walk to the top of the hill when I was younger but now it is all fenced off. It is man made and was thought to contain a golden horse, sadly not though.
Making the most of a lovely sunny day to give a Street Twin seat and tailpack a try out. Not the best looking set up but it does give me the option of some storage space (I have fitted it a bit neater since the photo :)). The new Conti Road Attack 3 tyres also made a huge difference and the bike no longer follows every line in the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@AtreyuDE2 I like the simplicity of your bike the way it is. Needs nothing. Bar ends if you want but style-wise it‘s spot on. Two things you could consider adding if you can’t help yourself would be black intake covers and perhaps a black grab rail, but that’s it. And maybe a smaller rear guard and tail light and LED blinkers. But that’s it. Heated grips can be useful too. You could also consider some pipes and/or a decat, although they already sound great (and get better after some riding), but how about doing it anyway. What about some black levers? Badges? Trim? But nothing else - unless you need some luggage. Haha, this is how it starts....:ROFLMAO:
😂🤣 brilliant!

561 - 580 of 624 Posts