Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

341 - 360 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
thanks to all! lots of beautiful Triumphs!! as always i learned - my preowned 18 T120 has the british customs sleeper pros as i thought they were not, thanks to the former unknown owner for them + the Decat i would have done + the info how to connect fair priced aftermarket turn sigs without the cutting + splicing i did on my 2012 mag wheeler!! a good way to pass the time with typical Pa winter weather coming!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Street Twin. Since purchasing it, I added the following:
Fox rear suspension
X-Pipe
V&H Exhaust
Triumph Bar end mirrors
LED headlight bulb
Mototrio side panels.
I just need to find the right Tail tidy kit and I'll be done.
IMG_1891.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Street Twin. Since purchasing it, I added the following:
Fox rear suspension
X-Pipe
V&H Exhaust
Triumph Bar end mirrors
LED headlight bulb
Mototrio side panels.
I just need to find the right Tail tidy kit and I'll be done.
View attachment 718521
Where did you get the shocks? I wonder if they have them long enough to fit a Speed Twin?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where did you get the shocks? I wonder if they have them long enough to fit a Speed Twin?
I purchased them locally. I have a friend who has a Speed twin and couldn't find Fox shocks for his bike. He ended up going with Ohlins.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased them locally. I have a friend who has a Speed twin and couldn't find Fox shocks for his bike. He ended up going with Ohlins.
I bought K-tech, but they’re a bit stiff, and no compression adjustment. Unfortunately, the Speed Twin shocks are so long that the choices are limited.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
many reservoir shocks are just for looks as Bitubo makes quality DeCarbon shocks aka internal reservoir-separating piston. British Racer carries them for Triumphs at less than the Fox brand. i had Bitubo WME's on my 2012 bonnie + just got a ship notice for them for my T120, various lengths + springs weights + colors are available from them

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
just search + see Fox makes shocks for many bikes, with various grades available, they are a bit spendy depending on your choice

·
Registered
36 Posts
many reservoir shocks are just for looks as Bitubo makes quality DeCarbon shocks aka internal reservoir-separating piston. British Racer carries them for Triumphs at less than the Fox brand. i had Bitubo WME's on my 2012 bonnie + just got a ship notice for them for my T120, various lengths + springs weights + colors are available from them
I’m a hoarder of shocks. I’ve also got a pair of adjustable Works Roadracers that are long enough, just didn’t want to put old shocks on my new bike

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wherabouts in the UK is this? I'm fortunate to live near the beautiful South Downs in Sussex - great Scrambler country!

Dave
It's the car park/view point at Birdlip, so lovely views out over Gloucester to the Malverns.

Always good for a photo.

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Yes. I had the engine done first, then thought the wheels would look good in that colour too.
Looks good, and clean also, more than my poor Thruxton does after riding in the floods yesterday:(
I think I'm into the 20s doing a rough count on the mods, am I getting near?

341 - 360 of 361 Posts