Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after washing my bike (955i) the black engine casings have water marks on them.
I have tried to polish them out but they do not wont to come off. any idea's.
thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep

I use WD40 at times but the best thing is any Anti Corrosion spray such as the Scottoiler spay.

Brings casing up like new and stops any salt corrosion.

Top Tip :)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've found that Muc-off leaves the engine casings very chalky. I use ACF50 on a little bit of rag to wipe over the cases and they come up really black and glossy.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
?? water marks ??

not my sort of thread me thinks

i thought it was asking were to put the plimsoll line:D
Robbie, its that funny clear wet stuff that comes out of a tap, you know sometimes mixed with detergent.....(i'm whispering this so as not to upset Mohan.....makes things clean and shiny!)

I know you view pressure washers as W.M.D's (Weapons of mass detergents) but that's what we're talking about here ok? :HappyRoll:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Robbie, its that funny clear wet stuff that comes out of a tap, you know sometimes mixed with detergent.....(i'm whispering this so as not to upset Mohan.....makes things clean and shiny!)

I know you view pressure washers as W.M.D's (Weapons of mass detergents) but that's what we're talking about here ok? :HappyRoll:
Hi Jim
went to give Mohan a bath the other day at one of my fav fords, this is a good 10- 15 inch deep at this time of year smooth bottomed road, when i got there a sink hole 300 yards up stream swollowed the whole river and it was dry as a bone. I was tempted to get the hose out but after seeing that video on utube about bathing a small cat i wasn't going to tackle a tiger:D

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Hi, after washing my bike (955i) the black engine casings have water marks on them.
The Tiger seems, for unknown reasons, to have problem with the black finish on the cases.They go dull with age. There are two ways round this. Either do as has been suggested above and smear a product like Motrex645 Protect & shine on them after a wash. Works for me. Or I've found that a light "T"cut brings the shine back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thank's guy's will try at the weekend, also fitted a skidmarx hugger last week just a shame it didn't cover the whole chain, only half.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts