Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I ride a 2018 Street Triple R. I have noticed that almost every time I ride my butt gets wet, it can’t be sweat because it’s 40-45F out. Does anyone else think that it could possibly be the foam in the seat that absorbs water?

·
Registered
154 Posts
In my experience, the ST has zero water protection for the rider and seat. If the roads are wet, then you and your seat are going to get wet.

I recenty picked up the Givi Mudflap in hopes that it would help, but I haven't ridden on wet roads since installing it.

If you are not riding on wet roads when this happens, then you have a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my experience, the ST has zero water protection for the rider and seat. If the roads are wet, then you and your seat are going to get wet.

I recenty picked up the Givi Mudflap in hopes that it would help, but I haven't ridden on wet roads since installing it.
View attachment 720922

If you are not riding on wet roads when this happens, then you have a problem.
the roads were dry today but it rained yesterday. Wonder if it retained that water.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Possible. I don't remember how long it took my seat to dry out. Over the winter I'm limited to about once per week.

When you say that it rained last night, was your bike out in it? Does it sleep outdoors without a cover? That would be the answer. Even without rain condensation could be the culprit in that case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possible. I don't remember how long it took my seat to dry out. Over the winter I'm limited to about once per week.

When you say that it rained last night, was your bike out in it? Does it sleep outdoors without a cover? That would be the answer. Even without rain condensation could be the culprit in that case.
Yes unfortunately it stays outdoors till we move in may!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts