Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ride with one of the liners you soak in water before putting it on (under a ventilated jacket)? I mail ordered one a couple of years ago, and it came in a size too small, so never had the chance to give it a try. I've heard they'll provide evaporative cooling for a couple of hours before needing another soaking.

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
Bob, I bought one last year and it's still hanging in my closet in the plastic bag it came in. Never used it.

I'm sure they work well though, I use a camel-bak when it's really hot and drool water all over myself intentionally while riding to cool down. As hot and dry as it gets here in the summer (months of 100+ days) it only takes a few minutes to be dry again. It really does cool you down.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Sort of a WET T-SHIRT gig for guys?? I would think that the blockage of air over the cylinders would negate the positive effects after a short time? I would think a small high speed fan would be more effective? Fla temps are quite high. I think the synthetic oil keeps the ole girl purrin? She gets real hot @ times, but never hda problem. If I was doin dailly stop & go dailly travel, I might think the fan idea? So far -so good as is. :cool:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gawd - do I love this forum!!! Cap'n Don, I can't help it .... you have me rollin on the floor! Sweat .... get me oxygen, quick!

Bob

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
CaptD is talkin Winter time and you guys are talkin Summer :-D :-D

Larry

·
Registered
482 Posts
not that I am TOO worried about it cause it's only March 1st, but I HATE being too hot, and have some legit health problems that prefer to keep cool. I am thinking of getting a cooling vest this year. It's not a soaker thing, it works on some other heat transfer mechanism, but supposed to be good for several hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts